Windows 10: Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

Discus and support Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Have a MS account which email was no longer correct. But was able to login to PC using a PIN. I may have created another MS Account with the correct... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnSanns, Oct 6, 2020.

1. JohnSanns Win User

Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

Have a MS account which email was no longer correct. But was able to login to PC using a PIN. I may have created another MS Account with the correct email but PC will not let me log into the new account. The login screen keeps prompting old MS account. Tried to reset password for incorrect id but receive email that information provided was not detailed and could not reset.

:)

JohnSanns, Oct 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 6, 2020
  3. A. User Win User
    Unable to reset Microsoft Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is when you are not able to reset your Microsoft Account Password as expected. To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the
    questions below.

1. Are you trying to reset the password to your computer or your email?
    2. Do you currently have access to your Microsoft Account, when you try to login using a browser?

If you have trouble resetting the Microsoft Account password, and you are unable to sign in to your account, then you can Recover your Microsoft Account, follow this article on

Recover your Microsoft account
    by submitting an Account Recovery form. You will also be able to find the link to
    live Chat support for issues concerning Microsoft Account at the bottom of the page.

If you are unable to access your Windows Local Account password, then you can check resetting your Windows 10 local account password, follow this article on

Reset your Windows 10 local account password
    , check if that helps.

Please help us with the screenshot of the page in the application, where you are seeing the wrong information. Follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot. I suggest you to
    not to add any personally identifiable information(PII), when you send the screenshot.

We await your response.

Regards,

A. User, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

1. Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account unable

2. Unable to login to account even when resetting password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to account even when resetting password: My parents are unable to login to their microsoft account and therefore locked out of using the laptop. We've tried resetting password multiple times my email is the recovery one and it seems to be able to sign in on the phone, but when trying to use that new password to...
  3. Unable to login to account even when resetting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to account even when resetting password: My parents are unable to login to their microsoft account and therefore locked out of using the laptop. We've tried resetting password multiple times my email is the recovery one and it seems to be able to sign in on the phone, but when trying to use that new password to...
  4. Unable to login to account even when resetting password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password: Recently i have gotten back into minecraft. So i downloaded the launcher and went to login using my microsoft account. then my password did not work i went to reset it and still nothing. then i went to the microsoft store app logged out then i could not log back in.I have...
  6. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password: Recently i have gotten back into minecraft. So i downloaded the launcher and went to login using my microsoft account. then my password did not work i went to reset it and still nothing. then i went to the microsoft store app logged out then i could not log back in.I have...
  7. Unable to reset Microsoft account password

Unable to reset Microsoft account password: Hi,Trying to help a friend with her Win 10 home Laptop problems, I re flashed the BIOS. This means it now boots up ok, but I get this message:Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again. This prompts...
  8. Unable to reset windows login password for User account

Unable to reset windows login password for User account: Hi, * This is a windows 10 PC * worked perfectly & installed the latest updates * after installed & restart the PC, that asking user Microsoft account authentication. Sign-in option > password = that method user used normal password * User created Microsoft account long...
  9. Unable to reset account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reset account password: My PC did an update and now when I am trying to login it says my password is incorrect. I restarted couple of times but it's not logging me in. I have tried resetting the the password that did not worked as well....
  10. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.: After forgetting my live password, which I cant get into my laptop without, I had it reset. It keeps telling me that my new password is incorrect when I am absolutely 101% certain that it was correct. ***Moved From: Other/Unknown/Ease of access*** ***Edited Original...