Windows 10: Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes

Discus and support Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, When logging in to my company's VPN, after providing password, I receive a phone call from Microsoft's "Account Verification" system. I'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShakyAlibi, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes

Greetings,

When logging in to my company's VPN, after providing password, I receive a phone call from Microsoft's "Account Verification" system. I'm prompted to press the "#" key and the system reports my account has been successfully verified.

Usually that phone call includes a caller-ID/phone# for which I've created a named contact.

However, sometimes the verification call is flagged "No caller-ID".

I expect bad guys may try a MIM attack on me and wonder if "No caller ID" is expected behavior or an indication the something's amiss.

Of course caller ID can be spoofed, and I don't interpret consistency is proof all is well. I'm asking whether the inconsistency is red flag.

Thanks in advance!

:)

ShakyAlibi, Feb 11, 2021

2. caller ID

Hi,

To show the Caller ID, please follow these simple steps:

• From the Start screen, swipe left.
    • Scroll and tap Phone.
    • Tap the Menu icon.
    • Tap Settings/call settings.
    • Tap the Show my caller ID to drop-down.
    • Tap to select the desired option from the list.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Dennis Zac, Feb 11, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes

Is there any Caller ID Software that works in Windows 10

I have tried every Caller ID program that I can find to try and have Windows 10 display the Caller ID for incoming phone calls on my desktop.

I have tried a Conexant 93010 ACF External USB modem and a LSI PCI-SV92EX Soft Modem. Both support Caller ID and when I send them the Caller ID command using Hyperterminal (which is sadly missing in Win 10) they reply with OK.

They work fine in XP and Windows 7 (haven't tried in Win8) but in Win10 all I get is a N/A instead of the Caller ID info.

Any suggestions for tweaks or software to try will be appreciated. I have tried CallTray, Ascendis Caller ID, Call Clerk, Picture Caller ID, and Audio Caller ID, all with the same results.

Thanks

HometownDigital, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes

1. Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Verification

2. Microsoft account verification issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account verification issue: I forgot my windows pin and I'm trying to change but when it comes to Microsoft account verification whenever I enter and otp it says "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again". I have tried many browsers, cleared cache and cookies and used incognito but nothing...
  3. Microsoft account verification issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account verification issue: I forgot my windows pin and I'm trying to change but when it comes to Microsoft account verification whenever I enter and otp it says "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again". I have tried many browsers, cleared cache and cookies and used incognito but nothing...
  4. Microsoft Account Verification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Verification: Good Day:Running Windows 10, 64bit desktop current with all updates. When I start the computer up, I login with a 4 digit pin and that works fine. However, the other day I opened the Microsoft Solitaire Collection to play a game and it wouldn't log me in. When I tried to...
  5. Representatives ID Verification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Representatives ID Verification: I been working with a representative Who Identifies himself as Brabwa using a UTAH number 385 249 9623 can you verify be is working in billing for microsoft defender....
  6. Microsoft account verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account verification: My Current verification email address no longer exists, so I have change the verification process to my mobile phone number. This apparently will only last 30 days. I would like my mobile phone number to be my permanent verification. Please can you tell me how to enact this....
  7. Verification of Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verification of Microsoft Account: I have received notification to verify my MSN account twice in the past 4-6 weeks. Did so without any issues. Is this normal or should I be concerned about the account being compromised ? Thanks ! 142851
  8. Error Event ID 17 Caller DC040780

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Event ID 17 Caller DC040780: Who is Windows 10 Caller DC040789 and why does it fail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-event-id-17-caller-dc040780/5ed46b03-3df0-4e9e-9ce8-6b3f5bbd5141
  9. Microsoft Community Account Verification?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Community Account Verification?: Hello, Whenever I have made a Microsoft Community account, there is always a period of time after I sign up that my replies will not go through and the "Sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again." error will come up. Is my account going through some type of verification?...
  10. caller id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caller id: When will Microsoft have it's own caller id for Windows Phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caller-id/4378eed1-59ee-40d4-b47b-b7c816aa13ac