Windows 10: Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore

Discus and support Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Back in April last year, I decided to become an independent contractor and bought my own laptop. As I was still going to work for the same consulting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gaubes, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Gaubes Win User

Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore

Back in April last year, I decided to become an independent contractor and bought my own laptop. As I was still going to work for the same consulting company I had been before on the payroll, I used that windows account of the consulting company to setup my laptop. As of January I am now working for a customer directly, so my former consulting company deleted my microsoft account.As I did not define a different account for my laptop stupid, I know!, I now can not login on my own laptop anymore. I have a personal windows account, but I did not register it on the laptop and logging in using th

:)

Gaubes, Jan 15, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 15, 2022
  3. otosnede Win User
    User account info lost after changing login email

Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore

Reconfiguring Microsoft account with the desired Email address on Windows 10

Hello Brent,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

I guess you're searching a way to change the existing Microsoft account login on your Windows computer to the desired new Email address, right? If that is the case, then you can do this by first converting the existing Microsoft account to Local account
    and then converting the same to Microsoft account with the desired Email address.

• First convert the existing Microsoft account into Local account.
      To get started, login to your User Profile.
    • Go to Start />Settings/>Accounts/>Your Email and Accounts
      and click Sign in with local account Instead. Enter existing Microsoft account credentials, when it prompts for authentication. Then follow the steps to switch your account to local account. Logoff and login back to the same account.
    • Now let's convert this Local account to your Microsoft account again with the new Email address.
    • To do so, again go to Start /> Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account
      and click Sign in with Microsoft account Instead. Enter your Microsoft account credentials when prompted and follow the steps to switch back to your Microsoft account. Once you do this it will ask you to
      verify your device. Just click the same and follow the instruction to verify your device.
    If this is not the thing you're referring, then please do let us know with more details to assist you better.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore

1. Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore - Similar Threads - Microsoft account email

2. How to unlink hospital/ former employer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink hospital/ former employer: I used to work for a hospital and had my own work email thru teams. I have a new workplace and if there is a link to join a teams meeting, I can't login because it goes to my old workplace login with no new options to login. I can still login normally off from manually...
  3. How to unlink hospital/ former employer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink hospital/ former employer: I used to work for a hospital and had my own work email thru teams. I have a new workplace and if there is a link to join a teams meeting, I can't login because it goes to my old workplace login with no new options to login. I can still login normally off from manually...
  4. remove former employer from Windows Search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove former employer from Windows Search menu: Greetings.For the past year, I've used my personal laptop for work. I have changed employers.I had two Office365 Profiles -- personal, and work. I've deleted the work profile, and have scoured the Registry for every instance of my former employer's name, and have removed...
  5. remove former employer from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove former employer from Windows menu: Greetings.For the past year, I've used my personal laptop for work. I had two Office365 Profiles -- personal, and work. I've deleted the work profile, and have scoured the Registry for every instance of my former employer's name, and have removed it.However, in the windows...
  6. Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore: Back in April last year, I decided to become an independent contractor and bought my own laptop. As I was still going to work for the same consulting company I had been before on the payroll, I used that windows account of the consulting company to setup my laptop. As of...
  7. Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account with email address of former employer, cant login anymore: Back in April last year, I decided to become an independent contractor and bought my own laptop. As I was still going to work for the same consulting company I had been before on the payroll, I used that windows account of the consulting company to setup my laptop. As of...
  8. Microsoft account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  9. Cant log into Microsoft Account anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant log into Microsoft Account anymore: Hello, Even though I know my password and I already managed to log into that same account on other devices like my Smartphone, I just cant get login on my PC, even after resetting the password twice, trying it with WiFi. and with the Digital keyboard option Etc, but still,...
  10. Microsoft account with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...