Windows 10: Microsoft account with invalid email address

Discus and support Microsoft account with invalid email address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveSperry, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Microsoft account with invalid email address

I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site.

I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription associated with it, but I have not been able to figure out how to switch the subscription to the Microsoft Account that is associated with my personal (non-business related) email address.

So to reiterate, I have two Microsoft Accounts:

Account A was created with the email address for my business, and that email address is no longer functional.

Account B was created with my personal email address, but I cannot add that address to Account A because it is "already in use."

How do I resolve this?

:)

DaveSperry, Oct 1, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    change email address for Microsoft account

Hi Keith,

To better understand the concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Are you trying to change the email address while retaining the information you have on the Microsoft account?
    • On which Microsoft platform are you trying to change your email address (Xbox account, Outlook account, Community Forum)?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 1, 2018
  4. la24gal Win User

Microsoft account with invalid email address

Invalid email address

I am trying to set up my xpress mail account but everytime i enter my pop server i get the a message "invalid email address" Does any one know why? The email address is in fact vaild.

la24gal, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft account with invalid email address

1. Microsoft account with invalid email address - Similar Threads - Microsoft account invalid

2. Verification email address now invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification email address now invalid: Hey all, I have been locked out of my account and as result am unable to use my laptop. Because silly me forgot the password. *I take full responsibility for that*The problem is that my verification email that has since been assigned to my account has since been de-activated....
  3. Verification email address now invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verification email address now invalid: Hey all, I have been locked out of my account and as result am unable to use my laptop. Because silly me forgot the password. *I take full responsibility for that*The problem is that my verification email that has since been assigned to my account has since been de-activated....
  4. Wrong Microsoft account email address

Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  5. Invalid email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid email address: I have an invalid email address and can't send attachments. How do I delete this address and enter one that will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-email-address/2f7f9644-aa1e-44db-a4df-9a79ad53b56f
  6. Invalid email address

Invalid email address: I have an invalid email address and can't send attachments. How do I delete this address and enter one that will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-email-address/2f7f9644-aa1e-44db-a4df-9a79ad53b56f
  7. Invalid email address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  9. Microsoft account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  10. Microsoft account set up with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account set up with invalid email address: I am currently unable to log into my PC. I created my account with an incorrect email address. I have a second account with a valid email address. I have tried all of the solutions previously identified on this forum but without success. Could you please tell me how I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete an invalid microsoft account

2. microsoft email account invalid

3. invalid Microsoft email address

4. unvalide microsoft email address asigned to an account,
  5. microsoft account created with invalid email,
  6. how to delete a microsoft account with an invalid e-mail,
  7. microsoft invalid email,
  8. invalid microsoft account