Windows 10: Microsoft account won't Sync to pc

Discus and support Microsoft account won't Sync to pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today i got back my laptop from having it fixed where the people who fixed it had to erase everything off my laptop, to where i have to redownload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anonuser_349, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Microsoft account won't Sync to pc

Today i got back my laptop from having it fixed where the people who fixed it had to erase everything off my laptop, to where i have to redownload everything i had on it, and i tried to sync my microsoft account to my laptop, but it won't sync, i went to settings on my laptop, then went to where it says to sign in with a microsoft account, because when the people who erased everything from my laptop, it also signed me out of my Microsoft account, so when i tried to sign in, i put in my email address that i used, it accepted it, then it asked for my password, i typed it in and it accepted it, but it asks me to type it in once more, the same exact password, but it says that the password is wrong, although it's the same one that i typed in with the first time, and i tried to sign in multiple times, i even made sure i spelled everything correctly, but it still said my password was wrong, i even capitalized the letters that needed to be capitalized, and it still didn't work.

Is there a way to fix this problem or do i have to make a whole new Microsoft account?

:)

Anonuser_349, Oct 4, 2019

2. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Oct 4, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Microsoft Account and Syncing

Not sure what else to suggest but since you mentioned it, try variations of the sync settings on your W8.1 phone. It is just possible that this is causing some confusion with your Microsoft account and the W10 settings.

philc43, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Microsoft account won't Sync to pc

Microsoft Account and Syncing

Hi Everyone

I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in but the themes haven't seemed to sync.

I have read that this can sometimes be fixed by signing in and out but would I have to do this in a specific order? Is there a troubleshooting method I could try? I have also signed into another Microsoft account one before but I doubt it affects this.

Would this be because I have to have the exact same theme installed on both computers?

I would also like to try first the options that don't involve resetting my PC etc since I have apps/games that I have configured with my own settings and I don't want to reconfigure them all again.

Finally I also have OneDrive signed into both PC's, so I guess what I am really looking for is just a troubleshooting list to go through to see if I can sync themes.

ellellell1, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft account won't Sync to pc

1. Microsoft account won't Sync to pc - Similar Threads - Microsoft account won't

2. Microsoft Account not Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account not Syncing: Since Microsoft has taken down the account troubleshooter, is there anything else to use? My account is not syncing between devices. Am using Windows 10.Have tried to turn sync settings on and off, verified the account, edit the registry keys, run sfc /scan now, DISM /online...
  3. Not change PC name after syncing to Microsoft Account

Not change PC name after syncing to Microsoft Account: I have multiple devices and I REALLY REALLY want to sync them all to my Microsoft account because I love the feature of using MS office tools across these devices AND offline solutions for work. BUT I want them all with different device names. Recently I synced my account to...
  4. Microsoft account profile not syncing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account profile not syncing: My Microsoft account profile picture is not syncing on Windows or in Edge Chrome after a system reset. It's been a week since then, so it's not a sync delay. The profile picture is still available online. Completely reinstalling Windows did fix this, but also introduced...
  5. E-mail account won't sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mail account won't sync: One of my 3 att email accounts won't sync to the mail ap. It says I need to update password or give permission to sync. When I go to the account there are 16 dots in the password space. When I put in my real password it fails....
  6. Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC

Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC: Hello, how in the world is this happening? I have an account on a laptop that is local and I am the only administrator. On my desktop PC, I only have a single account which is a Microsoft account. Somehow, my desktop wallpaper has synced onto my laptop local account from...
  7. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?: So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc....
  8. PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account: I got a new laptop and after setting up the PC I found out that my PC settings are not getting synced with the Microsoft Account. I found out the following issue. [ATTACH] Can I please get a solution to fix this. Thank You...
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...