Windows 10: Microsoft account wrong computer

Discus and support Microsoft account wrong computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just noticed that my Microsoft account, under "Devices," shows my computer as an HP Pavilion 15 notebook...but my computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoanM, Jan 18, 2019.

1. JoanM Win User

Microsoft account wrong computer

I just noticed that my Microsoft account, under "Devices," shows my computer as an HP Pavilion 15 notebook...but my computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop! The numerical ID is correct, just the description is wrong. Is that a problem??

:)

JoanM, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft account wrong computer :(

Zakin, Jan 18, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft account wrong computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft account wrong

2. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  3. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  4. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account: Hi teamI recently created a new Microsoft account for a small company we have, and in de Birthdate field, I put the date when the company was created, which makes the accounts as a child less than 13 years. I need to change the birthdate now but the fields are gray-out and is...
  6. Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account

Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account: Hi teamI recently created a new Microsoft account for a small company we have, and in de Birthdate field, I put the date when the company was created, which makes the accounts as a child less than 13 years. I need to change the birthdate now but the fields are gray-out and is...
  7. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  8. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  9. My Windows 10 computer is logged into the wrong Microsoft account

My Windows 10 computer is logged into the wrong Microsoft account: I have two Microsoft accounts created under two different e-mail addresses. The first e-mail address is my most active and it provided by my local ISP and looks like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. My old computer always logged into this account, and all...
  10. Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account

Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account: Hi, I have a situation where I log on to my Laptop using the local account for the laptop but once logged in the account is linked to my child's Microsoft account. If I go to settings the info has the local username and under it my childs Microsoft account. Surely there is...