Windows 10: Microsoft Account

Discus and support Microsoft Account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a Desktop computer and a Tablet. Each has Windows 10 Home installed. Both are version 17134.376. The Desktop went through the October 2nd... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by **** D., Nov 10, 2018.

1. **** D. Win User

Microsoft Account

I have a Desktop computer and a Tablet. Each has Windows 10 Home installed. Both are version 17134.376. The Desktop went through the October 2nd Update and was then reverted to the previous 1803.

Each is setup up with the same login credientials...the same @hotmail.com address. With the Tablet, I am able to rejoin Windows Insider Preview with the account which shows as a Microsoft account. I am unable to rejoin Windiows Insider Preview with the Desktop computer.

On the Settings/Accounts page on the Tablet, Your Info show my Name, @hotmail.com address, Administrator and just down from there, Manage my Microsoft account.

The Settings/Accounts page on the Desktop, You Info show the same as the Tablet, but with no Manage my Microsoft account.

Under Accounts/Email & app accounts/Accounts used by other apps on the Tablet an MS 4 color flag is shown by the hotmail address/Microsoft Account. The Desktop does not show the same.

On the Desktop, if I select Add a Microft account and enter my @hotmail.com and password, I get window with spinning circle and the text, "Just a moment..." That windows continues to stay live and never quits.

I assume that a Windows Insider account must be a Microsoft account. Is this correct? If so, what may I do to change my otherwise parallel Administrator account to a Microsoft account on my Desktop?

:)

**** D., Nov 10, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Addie Win User

Microsoft Account

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Account

1. Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account

2. Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu): Windows 10 KB5036979 is rolling out to everyone, but it’s an optional patch that won’t download automatically. This update has a noteworthy change: it pushes against local accounts and nags you to use a Microsoft account. You can also directly download KB5036979 offline...
  3. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  4. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  5. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  7. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  8. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  9. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  10. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.