Windows 10: Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

Discus and support Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an older laptop that has not been used in a few years that needs to get back into service. Password was lost. I reset the MS account login... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HannahBradford, May 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

I have an older laptop that has not been used in a few years that needs to get back into service.

Password was lost.

I reset the MS account login pass word through the process on the laptops log in screen.

I can log into the MS acct on a different computer just fine but when I finish the reset process and click the "sign in' link on the laptop and it takes me back to the laptop log in screen and enter the new password it says its not valid.

All the MS account help links lead to infinite machine loops or broken links and I cant get to to a human

:)

HannahBradford, May 9, 2019
  2. Hübie Win User

Login problems

I can´t login in the betaforum. I think it´s a problem with a char in my nickname "ü".
    WTF??? Any advice?

bye Hübie

Hübie, May 9, 2019
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, May 9, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

1. Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft Acct login

2. Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...: When responding to another question I inadvertently change my local account to Microsoft account. Now the login won't allow me in with the password I know is correct. So I used there forgot password selected email. Never got the email. Kept trying and it finally locked me out...
  3. Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...: When responding to another question I inadvertently change my local account to Microsoft account. Now the login won't allow me in with the password I know is correct. So I used there forgot password selected email. Never got the email. Kept trying and it finally locked me out...
  4. Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Login Problem Laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Problem Laptop?: Hello, I have forgotten my password for my windos laptop, but I don't know with which email I am logged in. If I want to use the password forgotten function, an email will be used, but if I want to start my car, a message will be sent that this email doesn't exist(...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Microsoft Acct. Login Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Microsoft Acct. Login Issue: I just have bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition and it keeps asking me to login with my Microsoft account, Which I need to do quite a lot of stuff and when I click sign in, it just puts up its loading sign and will not load. The loading sign is up and loading but nothing is...
  8. Geek Squad not able to login my Microsoft Acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Geek Squad not able to login my Microsoft Acct: My Dell computer is currently being looked at by the Geek Squad. I do not know what version I have on it....possible 10. But Geek Squad cannot log in to my Microsoft account to work on it. They have the correct email address and password. Why can't they?...
  9. Laptop Login Problems

Laptop Login Problems: Hi, My sister recently could not physically sign into her laptop because the finger scanner on her laptop could not identify her finger print. She was asked to sign in using her PIN. However, she has forgotten BOTH her sign in PIN and her sign in password and did not write...
  10. unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop

unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop: Hello! I bought my grandson a laptop for gaming. The screen broke on it (don't ask) so I bought an Acer monitor for him to attach to the laptop for a screen. Now he has forgotten his password for his account. Normally not an issue but it's and older account he created over...