Windows 10: Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update

Discus and support Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The most recent cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) is causing a series of new problems. On Saturday, Microsoft confirmed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 14, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update

The most recent cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) is causing a series of new problems. On Saturday, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10 update could break down the Start menu with a critical error and promised a fix in the coming weeks, but it appears that the same update breaks down yet another feature.

According to several reports, Microsoft Edge appears to be broken on some PCs and there are reports of installation failures, too. In some cases, you will experience Start menu, Microsoft Edge and other problems after installing KB4517389.

Windows 10 KB4517389 was released on October 8 for all consumers as an automatic update, and it resolves an issue breaking down printers.

In a community post, the Microsoft engineer stated that the software giant is aware of classic Edge browser issues and a fix will be delivered to devices in October.

“We are aware of this issue and estimate a resolution to be released in late October,” the employee stated.

Microsoft is planning to fix Windows 10 Start menu issues with an optional update in late October as well and it’s possible that the same update will include a patched Edge browser.

At the moment, Microsoft says it’s not aware of any workaround but you can always remove this update altogether to address all the glitches. However, your PC would be left without security fixes and it could be vulnerable to security problems if you remove updates published by Microsoft on Patch Tuesday.

A growing list of problems in Windows 10 v1903

Unlike the October 2018 Update, Microsoft correctly handled the rollout of May 2019 Update and the update was also in the phase of testing for a considerable time. As a result, Windows 10 May 2019 Update rollout went well enough and fewer users reported major problems.

While Windows 10 May 2019 Update itself offered a bug-free experience, the cumulative updates have been plagued by several problems. The latest monthly updates affected Printing feature, disabled networking, broke Start menu, and even caused performance issues.

In related news, Windows 10 version 1909 or November 2019 Update is nearly ready for release and it’s likely to be a performance-friendly update.

The post Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 14, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 14, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update

1. Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update - Similar Threads - Microsoft acknowledges bug

2. New Microsoft Update Bug?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Microsoft Update Bug?: I have this ASPNetCore Application that uses MS Word AutomationYes I know my MS does not support this but this has been working forever. After MS latest update the application stopped working with following error: Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Microsoft acknowledges a new issue in several Windows 10 versions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges a new issue in several Windows 10 versions: Last week, we reported that Windows 10’s sfc /scannow command no longer works after the latest updates. The bug is hitting all supported versions of Windows 10 and the scannow command displays a generic error message, and the culprit appears to be the latest version of...
  4. Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 version 1903: Microsoft has recently confirmed a new issue affecting Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) on Build 18362.207 (KB4497935). A bug in Windows 10 May 2019 Update’s latest build breaks down the Remote Access Connection Manager service and affects the operation of VPN...
  5. microsoft new update bugs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft new update bugs: hello! have a good day! i am facing some issues kindly help me to fix them. currently i have updated my window 10 version 1803 to 1809, because i was unable to to install updates in 1803 version and one of the independent advisor told me to do so and i successfully...
  6. Microsoft tests new cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests new cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Microsoft recently published Windows 10’s January 2019 cumulative updates with various fixes and improvements. It looks like the software giant has started testing yet another update for Windows 10 version 1809 and it could be shipped later this month. In the Release Preview...
  7. Microsoft acknowledges two new issues in Windows 10 April 2018 Update patch

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges two new issues in Windows 10 April 2018 Update patch: A couple of weeks ago, Microsoft rolled out a cumulative update (KB4462933) for Windows 10 version 1803. The cumulative update was rolled out on October 24 for users who have installed Windows 10 April 2018 Update and it fixed several issues with the OS. The cumulative...
  8. Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Microsoft today confirmed that Windows 10 October 2018 Update is hit with another issue where the overwrite confirmation dialog is missing when copying contents from a .ZIP file. In Windows 10 October 2018 Update, if you copy or move files from a .ZIP files into a location...
  9. Windows 10 October update BUG!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 October update BUG!: I updated my windows 10 yesterday. After the update, the Windows Store, Ms Edge and Cortana have stop connecting to the internet. Other browsers continue connecting and browsing as usual. There's no problem with other softwares, just Windows Store apps it seems. After...
  10. Microsoft acknowledges Creators Update game bugs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft acknowledges Creators Update game bugs.: https://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming...g-game-bugs/1/ https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-fi...rmance-issues/ Honestly thinking of getting Windows 7 now 93365