Windows 10: Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum

Discus and support Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some Windows 10 users reported issues with the Windows 10 Start Menu after installing the KB4517389 on computer systems running the operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 12, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum

Some Windows 10 users reported issues with the Windows 10 Start Menu after installing the KB4517389 on computer systems running the operating system. Microsoft released the cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows Server 1903 on October 8, 2019 as part of the company's monthly Patch Tuesday.

The update fixed several security issues in Windows 10 version 1903 and was the only supported consumer version of Windows 10 without any listed known issues.

While Microsoft listed no known issues, reports on third-party sites suggested that issues were experienced on some devices after installing the most recent update. Woody Leonhard listed several reported issues including search issues, Edge and Outlook startup issues, VMWare issues, and a Start Menu issue. The Start Menu throws a critical error when it is used on affected machines.

Microsoft has not acknowledged these issues on the update's support page or the Known Issues and notifications page on the company's Docs website.

It may come as a surprise to Windows administrators and users -- or not -- that Microsoft did acknowledge the Start Menu issue recently. The company has not done so in official places that most administrators and users frequent, on the other hand.

The confirmation has been published on Microsoft's Answers forum as a reply to a user who reported the Start Menu issue on October 8, 2019.

Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum microsoft-fix-start-menu.png

Microsoft employee PaulSey acknowledged the Start Menu issue on October 12, 2019. He stated that Microsoft was working on a fix and that users could expect the fix to be released later this month.

We are aware of this issue and estimate a resolution to be released in late October.

Late October could indicate that Microsoft hopes to have a patch ready when it releases the second batch of patches for supported versions of Windows 10 in October.

Closing Words

Acknowledgement of issues is welcome as it provides administrators and users with status information about these issues. In this case, Microsoft reveals that it is aware of the issue and that it plans to release a patch this month.

The problem with the acknowledgement is that Microsoft revealed it in the Answers forum only so that most administrators and users are not aware of the official acknowledgment of the issue. The company knows about the issue but does not list it as a known issue on the update's support page or the general known issues page, and that is a problem.

It is certainly possible that Microsoft will update the support page to list the issue on that page but the timing would still be off as most customers would probably expect that the known issues on the official support page get updated before any other confirmation of issues.

Now you: what is your take on this?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 12, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum

1. Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 Start Menu issue on Answers forum - Similar Threads - Microsoft acknowledges Start

2. Microsoft Recovery Account Forum issue..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Recovery Account Forum issue..: OK - I was able to fulfill all necessary info on my microsoft account recovery except for one issue.. My card expired in 2021 and this genius company lists the most recent year for expirations at 2022. Seriously? I had one card purchase all my microsoft products have photos...
  3. Microsoft Recovery Account Forum issue..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Recovery Account Forum issue..: OK - I was able to fulfill all necessary info on my microsoft account recovery except for one issue.. My card expired in 2021 and this genius company lists the most recent year for expirations at 2022. Seriously? I had one card purchase all my microsoft products have photos...
  4. Microsoft Recovery Account Forum issue..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Issues with Windows 10 Start menu & settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 10 Start menu & settings: Yesterday I started having issues with my windows start menu and settings. I tried several things to fix both issues, but none of the sollutions on here seem to work for me including a driver udpate.When I click the windows icon/press the windows button, the start menu...
  6. Why does microsoft not answer questions in this forum?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does microsoft not answer questions in this forum?: Does anyone know why they would have an "Ask a question" page when they don't even look at it themselves? I asked a question 2 months ago and they haven't even looked at it yet....smh...
  7. Microsoft still hasn't acknowledged Windows 10 KB4517389 Start menu issue - MSPoweruser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft still hasn't acknowledged Windows 10 KB4517389 Start menu issue - MSPoweruser: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/imkashif1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dgbn8h/microsoft_still_hasnt_acknowledged_windows_10/
  8. Microsoft acknowledges a new issue in several Windows 10 versions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges a new issue in several Windows 10 versions: Last week, we reported that Windows 10’s sfc /scannow command no longer works after the latest updates. The bug is hitting all supported versions of Windows 10 and the scannow command displays a generic error message, and the culprit appears to be the latest version of...
  9. Microsoft acknowledges dGPU issue in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges dGPU issue in Windows 10 version 1903: As we reported last month, a number of Surface Book 2 owners claimed that Windows 10 May 2019 Update causes GPU performance issues on their devices. According to users reports, Windows 10 May 2019 Update causes the dGPU (discrete graphics processing unit) to disconnect at...
  10. Windows 10 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start menu issue: Hi all! I have the following problem: My Start button is not working. I have tried for some time to fix it with the help of Dr. Google, but so far I had no luck. I have tried the following solutions except resetting the system or rolling back to a backup (stupid me forgot...