Windows 10: Microsoft ACPI battery control

Discus and support Microsoft ACPI battery control in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem originally manifiested itself when battery status showed 55% and not charging. Dell site suggested update bios and enter user start date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianMarsh3, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Microsoft ACPI battery control

This problem originally manifiested itself when battery status showed 55% and not charging. Dell site suggested update bios and enter user start date. Now got to 79 %. Disabling Microsoft ACPI battery control in device manager, settings battery now shows 100%. Re-enable and same problem reappears. All diagnostics show battery to be good. Hardware diagnostics find nothing wrong.

This is on a Dell 15 inspiron 2 in 1 laptop. Problem seems to have started with Windows 10 update in July.

Anyone experiencing similar problems and have a fix?

:)

BrianMarsh3, Nov 21, 2018

2. Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hi Francis,

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is a driver needed by Windows to communicate with your hardware. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• Remove the charger from your computer, then restart your device.
    • After your computer restarts, plugged in your charger. Check if the driver needed automatically reinstalled and addressed the issue.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your device manager, to provide your better assistance on addressing the issue. To send a screenshot, follow the instructions provided by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this
    Forum Article

• Go to Device Manager > Expand Batteries.
    • If you can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, double-click then screenshot the General tab.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Nov 21, 2018
  3. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Adil948 Win User

Microsoft ACPI battery control

Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver missing

I tried it says reinstall device driver intel(R) atom(TM) processor I2c controller then i press apply this fix then it says the same but while searching on internet i found out that it is tge problem for microsoft acpi complient control method battery
    driver and i cannot find the driver to download i even tried troubleshhoting steps restart the pc and add legacy device but it does not show the driver not even in device maneger it is totaaly gone

Adil948, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft ACPI battery control

1. Microsoft ACPI battery control - Similar Threads - Microsoft ACPI battery

2. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  3. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  4. Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: Why is the Name of this Driver Microsoft *Surface* ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery even im not having a Microsoft Surface ,im having a Normal Old Laptop?Is It Normal?And Should I Roll it back or this version is Good?...
  5. Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: Why is the Name of this Driver Microsoft *Surface* ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery even im not having a Microsoft Surface ,im having a Normal Old Laptop?Is It Normal?And Should I Roll it back or this version is Good?...
  6. Addressing Microsoft ACPI Battery Power Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Addressing Microsoft ACPI Battery Power Control: While using the Inspiron 14, I notice the laptop's performance dropped significantly whenever I unplug the charging cable compare to when the laptop is plugged in. After sometime scouring Microsoft's Q&A threads, I found that disabling/uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI -...
  7. Addressing Microsoft ACPI Battery Power Control

Addressing Microsoft ACPI Battery Power Control: While using the Inspiron 14, I notice the laptop's performance dropped significantly whenever I unplug the charging cable compare to when the laptop is plugged in. After sometime scouring Microsoft's Q&A threads, I found that disabling/uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI -...
  8. Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery missing

Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery missing: I performed the latest update and lost my battery icon on the task bar. After some research I tried to "Fix" the problem by an uninstall. However I have totally lost the Microsoft ACPI-compliant coontrol method battery. It does not appear under devices>batteries. How do I...
  9. Microsoft driver for ACPI compliant control method battery

Microsoft driver for ACPI compliant control method battery: Is there an updated driver for the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-driver-for-acpi-compliant-control-method/5cfecf07-9a01-4df2-977f-8509021dcabd
  10. Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery

Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery: My Sony VAIO E-Series VPCEA36FM Notebook wouldn't recognize the battery, so i decided to go to another laptop and copy and paste the files on this laptop. Now the driver isn't working at all. Any help for this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add a file in windows acps compliant method controller method battery.

2. microsoft acpi compliant system windows7

3. windows acpi battery

4. Microsoft ACPI battery control