Windows 10: Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC

Discus and support Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last Friday March 13, 2020 I received a message that I have to update my Window and so I did. When it began to restart to install the update, something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JReyes15, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JReyes15 Win User

Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC

Last Friday March 13, 2020 I received a message that I have to update my Window and so I did. When it began to restart to install the update, something went wrong and I was received an error message, saying that the installation process didn't go well and the PC began to diagnose the problem. No matter what I did, nothing worked and I was forced to factory restart my PC, wiping my entire PC clean.

Unfortunately, I do not have the product key to activate Windows anymore and I don't know what to do next. It would suck if I am forced to purchase an new product key despite this faulty installation was not my cause.

Has anyone else got through something similar? And what did you guys do to solve it?

:)

JReyes15, Mar 17, 2020

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data...

Nimra Imam, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC

After restoring PC the Product Key is lost. How do I recover it?

Hi Jack,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual.

We suggest you to activate using phone activation method.

Please follow the below furnished step to activate windows manually:

• Open run command by pressing Windows + R and type “slui 3” and hit enter.
    • You will notice a pop asking to for product key. Please enter the product key and ensure that there should not be any errors, while entering the product key.
    • Once authenticating, it will give confirmation message on successful windows activation
    • If problem still persist, I would suggest you to open run command again by pressing
      Windows key +R type “slui.exe 4” and press enter. Please follow the prompts to activate the windows copy by phone.
    Please refer the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC

1. Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC - Similar Threads - Microsoft Activation Product

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows Activation Product Key: Hi There, I recently purchased a download of windows 11 for my new PC from the Microsoft website, I have unfortunately deleted my email with the product key, I can see the purchase in my purchase history online, but I can't find the key. How can I find the key it if I can't...
  3. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows Activation Product Key: Hi There, I recently purchased a download of windows 11 for my new PC from the Microsoft website, I have unfortunately deleted my email with the product key, I can see the purchase in my purchase history online, but I can't find the key. How can I find the key it if I can't...
  4. lost product key after formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost product key after formatting: my friend gave me her asus vivobook windows 10pro and i need to format it after i format it the windows needs to be activated but i dont have the product key i tried to do the windows+x but different product key is showing what should i do?...
  5. lost product key after formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost product key after formatting: my friend gave me her asus vivobook windows 10pro and i need to format it after i format it the windows needs to be activated but i dont have the product key i tried to do the windows+x but different product key is showing what should i do?...
  6. lost product key after formatting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Lost my windows product key after a factory reset and reinstall windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my windows product key after a factory reset and reinstall windows.: I reseted my computer to clear everything and start the computer as new.But when I was done it said that my key would stop in a couple days, then it said for maybe 3 days. Now I only have "Activate windows"glued stuck to my screen at the bottom right of the screen. And I have...
  8. ACTIVATION LOST/MISSING PRODUCT KEY

ACTIVATION LOST/MISSING PRODUCT KEY: Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2, I have lost product key and Windows no longer activated. I got original product key when purchasing this ASUS laptop about 4 years ago. Also have FLTMGR.SYS error and a host of other problems. Computer is a mess so can barely use...
  9. Lost Windows product Activation key

Lost Windows product Activation key: Hi, I lost my Window 10 Profession Product key and the information I used to install it including my Hotmail email that I created. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-product-activation-key/77fb36e5-f4f2-457a-93b2-087f00ea53ba
  10. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

Lost Windows Activation Product Key: I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rebooting pc forgot windows product key

2. what will i do if i lost microsoft office during restart