Windows 10: Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE

Discus and support Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So here's my experience over the last 2 days. - Motherboard died and had to be replaced - Tried to Activate Windows but of course that fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by digitalformula, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE

So here's my experience over the last 2 days.

- Motherboard died and had to be replaced

- Tried to Activate Windows but of course that fails expected, so no biggie there

- Called support outside of hours midnight here in Australia and was told to call back today during business hours. Fine, I can do that.

- Call back today during business hours and go through this ...

1. I have to repeat my email address twice to each of the people I spoke to. I am working on a callback - they already have access to my account.

2. I have to prove my own purchase by uploading a copy of my invoice to Microsoft. They have access to my account so why can't they just view it there?
    3. When I finally get through to someone that can apparently help I'm then told there is ONE other person that can generate the new Product Key I need - OK, I can deal with that. But ONE person that can generate the key? In India? Sorry but no - that's a flat out lie. No company rests the ability to do this sort of thing on a single person. Ever.

4. Get escalated to a manager who says she can't help but someone will call me back AGAIN tomorrow. This is after yesterday, when I waited until today to call back, on Microsoft's instructions.

5. Suddenly, in a mysterious change, the internal product key key generation software is now not working but "someone's looking into it". Yeah OK sytems have issues but I don't believe it for 1 minute. It's very convenient all of a sudden like Windows Help saying our servers aren't reachable at the moment, when every other connection is working perfectly.

6. I can't use Windows for what I need it for because I'm not Photoshopping "Activate Windows" out of every screenshot I take today the only reason I'm using Windows today in the first place.

7. The supervisor has the nerve to ask me what I'm working on that can't wait and says it's not all about me. Actually when I'm on the phone with Microsoft and I've paid for a license I can't use, it absolutely IS all about me.

8. Finally give up and say fine, call me back. I ask if they can call back early so I can get this done. Now the call back can't happen until midday my time because the New Delhi shift doesn't start until 6am? Here I am,in Australia, and I have to wait for India to wake up after I'm specifically told that I need to call back within business hours? What a joke.

This is one of the worst support experiences I've ever had. "I truly understand your frustrations" wore pretty thin after hearing it every few seconds.

Terrible support.

:)

digitalformula, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 6, 2020
  3. KR_999 Win User
    microsoft support is a useless waste of time

Yup, agreed, I just came off the phone with microsoft support today. Not helpful, rude and its an absolute joke

KR_999, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE

Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE

1. Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE - Similar Threads - Microsoft Activation Support

2. Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!: My 92 year old grandfather was forced to make an outlook account to install windows 10. he purchased a brand new machine with a brand new windows 10 license, and mistyped his password. I setup our account to email me for recovery issues.. We've tried multiple times to reset...
  3. Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!: My 92 year old grandfather was forced to make an outlook account to install windows 10. he purchased a brand new machine with a brand new windows 10 license, and mistyped his password. I setup our account to email me for recovery issues.. We've tried multiple times to reset...
  4. Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft support is a joke

Microsoft support is a joke: My accounts were recently hacked while I was sleeping. The hackers had changed the emails to all my accounts and the passwords aswell as deleting all emails with codes to access my accounts. I had dealt with my steam account first as I had spent alot of money on it and didn't...
  6. Microsoft support is a joke

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft support is a joke: My accounts were recently hacked while I was sleeping. The hackers had changed the emails to all my accounts and the passwords aswell as deleting all emails with codes to access my accounts. I had dealt with my steam account first as I had spent alot of money on it and didn't...
  7. Microsoft support is a joke

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft, it's a joke?

Microsoft, it's a joke?: I know this is not official Windows 11 requirements checker, but PC Health checker doesn't provide to you why your computer doesn't meet minimal requirements, but this one provide....
  9. What a joke..

in Windows 10 Customization
    What a joke..: I have two Windows computers now. One, that Ive posted about before, is my personal computer with good hardware but has all kinds of glitches software and plug in wise that Microsoft has more or less ignored. Combined with the random hijackings for updates in spite of my...
  10. The Windows Store is an absolute joke.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows Store is an absolute joke.: It is actually unbelievable how poorly developed it is. I haven't been able to play the Master Chief Collection for months simply because it always tells me they're having issues connecting me to the Internet, so I can't even reinstall the game. I have a consistent download...