Windows 10: Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

Discus and support Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I added some 8 hours to my son's Microsoft family safety screen time. He is logged out but it still won't stop the countdown. Any ways to fix this?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by eythan li, Dec 29, 2020.

1. eythan li Win User

Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

I added some 8 hours to my son's Microsoft family safety screen time. He is logged out but it still won't stop the countdown. Any ways to fix this?

:)

eythan li, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

1. Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Add Family

2. Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer: I previously used the xbox app to manage screen time for my 3 kids. We have set times per day that they can use their computers. Occasionally we provide extra time on an adhoc basis. This extra time is granted outside of their scheduled screen time schedule. Since the...
  3. Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer: I previously used the xbox app to manage screen time for my 3 kids. We have set times per day that they can use their computers. Occasionally we provide extra time on an adhoc basis. This extra time is granted outside of their scheduled screen time schedule. Since the...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  5. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  6. Microsoft family screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family screen time: Hello. I set up my son's account in Microsoft family to control his screen time. However he's 15 and started to manipulate the date an time on the computer to trick the limits I've set up for him. Is there any setup I can use to prevent him to do this? Unfortunately I...
  7. family screen time not working

family screen time not working: hi, my windows 10 has family screen time on but my mom accidentally removed me from the family and im an administrator on my pc. when the family screen time pops up, when i press send a request it tells me something went wrong and when i press my parent is here, it tells me...
  8. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....
  9. Microsoft Family Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen Time: My child keeps getting time restriction messages on their computer. I have removed all restrictions and it will not update. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? The "Device Limits" are completely off. There aren't any "Content Restrictions" set. I use Netnanny for...
  10. Microsoft Screen Time Unable To Add Time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Screen Time Unable To Add Time: Hi, I have been trying to give my son extra time for a few days, but when I click on My Parent Is Here, it shows a gray screen for a minute or two before saying An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. (800705b4), and when I grant time or remove the time...