Windows 10: Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls

Discus and support Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was trying to start working for school yesterday and my computer had previously had no restrictions by my parents, and they had never wanted to set... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SonyaPavona, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls

I was trying to start working for school yesterday and my computer had previously had no restrictions by my parents, and they had never wanted to set them. I then log in and try to get on Google Chrome, and it gives the popup of "You need to get permission to get more time on this app", which was odd because that had never happened to me before. I confirmed with my Dad, who is the parent in my settings, that he had not set limits on my computer or other devices. We then went in and checked in his settings, we saw that my brother and myself had no limits in place. No other apps of mine had this problem, only chrome.

We then logged in and confirmed in my settings that no limits were in place, however, my PC still insists that limits are in place, and is constantly requiring permission for additional time from my dad. Is there any way to force my computer to update parental control settings to where this does not happen anymore?

:)

SonyaPavona, Apr 18, 2020

2. Parental Control - Adding more time doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:

a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Parental Controls/Time Limits not synching properly

I am setting up a new pc for my son and the time limit parental controls WILL NOT sync with the new pc no matter what I do. I have done this before with other devices (pcs and laptops) with him and other children and have never had this difficulty. App
    restrictions are working - I blocked Edge as an experiment and that worked, However, these are not working completely, for example: Google Chrome still hasn't showed up on the App list even though I installed it yesterday. Help!

JohnThiele1, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls

Parental controls time limits not working

Hello FlashFire,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We appreciate your patience on this issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Please refer to the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

This issue might occur if some related settings become incorrect or system files have been corrupted. Follow the below steps.

• Make sure your child has been signed out of any monitored account.
    • Download the Family safety troubleshooter from
      Microsoft website
      to fix most of the incorrect settings automatically.
    Method 2

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Hope the above information is helpful. If yo need further information, feel free t write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls

1. Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls - Similar Threads - Microsoft added restrictions

2. Hacker added parental controls to account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacker added parental controls to account.: Hello,A few days ago, I got an email that someone has removed my verification email from my microsoft and has added a new one. Thankfully though, I managed to quickly change the password making sure that whoever is in my account can not take any further actions However,...
  3. Hacker added parental controls to account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacker added parental controls to account.: Hello,A few days ago, I got an email that someone has removed my verification email from my microsoft and has added a new one. Thankfully though, I managed to quickly change the password making sure that whoever is in my account can not take any further actions However,...
  4. Parental time controls not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental time controls not working: We are using the parental controls built into windows 10 and the Xbox family app to control time on our son's PC, up until last week it has work flawlessly. but then it started to add extra time.It happens randomly some times it will work other times it will double the amount...
  5. Parental time controls not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental time controls not working: We are using the parental controls built into windows 10 and the Xbox family app to control time on our son's PC, up until last week it has work flawlessly. but then it started to add extra time.It happens randomly some times it will work other times it will double the amount...
  6. Parental Controls restricting on other users

Parental Controls restricting on other users: So my parents let me use an account without parental controls after I proved to them that I can use my computer responsibly so they let me create an account without parental controls. The problem was, every time I try to do something that makes changes to my computer, it...
  7. Screen time limit working when parental controls are not enabled.

Screen time limit working when parental controls are not enabled.: Greetings I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 installed. I recently changed the hard drive to an SSD, but ever since then, Windows is locking me out at random times due to the 'parental screen time control'. My account is not part of any family group and there are no screen...
  8. Parental Controls/Time Limits not synching properly

Parental Controls/Time Limits not synching properly: I am setting up a new pc for my son and the time limit parental controls WILL NOT sync with the new pc no matter what I do. I have done this before with other devices pcs and laptops with him and other children and have never had this difficulty. App restrictions are...
  9. Adding Parental Controls to Win10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding Parental Controls to Win10 Enterprise: I have two PCs which came with Win10 Enterprise through my (University) employer. I would like to have Parental Controls on one of these PCs, mostly to set per child time limits and allowed websites. I use the PC myself sometimes, so I'd like the restrictions to be user...
  10. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...