Windows 10: Microsoft adding drop shadows to Chromium popups on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft adding drop shadows to Chromium popups on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As part of its Fluent Design push, Microsoft has been adding a subtle drop shadow to many menus and core parts of Windows 10. Microsoft also plans to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft adding drop shadows to Chromium popups on Windows 10

As part of its Fluent Design push, Microsoft has been adding a subtle drop shadow to many menus and core parts of Windows 10. Microsoft also plans to implement the drop shadow effect in Chromium for menus that have been created with HTML form controls. This would allow the company to further differentiate the look and feel of its implementation.

According to a new commit, Microsoft has started working on a new change that would add drop shadow support for popup menu across the webpages in Chromium for Windows 10.

“This CL adds drop shadow support for popups on Windows when the FormControlsRefresh feature is enabled,” the commit reads. Microsoft notes that forms controls refresh is a feature which updates the UI for the HTML forms elements.

At the moment, Microsoft is considering drop shadow support for popups only. For example, you will notice a drop shadow effect behind HTML elements like the modern colour picker.

Microsoft adding drop shadows to Chromium popups on Windows 10 Drop-shadow-popup.jpg

“CL [will] introduce a new shadow type (SHADOW_TYPE_OS_PROVIDED), which the html menus are going to use for FormControlsRefresh. By using the new shadow type a menu explicitly chooses to use the drop shadow provided by the OS,” the commit reads.

“Since drop shadow is not supported on Windows versions without DWM composition, then the drop shadow is replaced by a thin-line border by using the WS_BORDER style,” the company noted.

There’s a flag titled ‘Web Platform Controls updated UI’ in Chrome Canary and ‘Web Platform Fluent Controls’ in Chromium Edge to facilitate modern web controls.

The post Microsoft adding drop shadows to Chromium popups on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 8, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query In Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

The drop shadows on applications in the Windows 10 really big and suspiciously similar to the ones in OS X, and if they aren’t your speed, you can easily remove them. We actually think they look good, but since somebody out there won’t like them, here is
    how to disable them.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to Disable drop shadows.

• Alternatively you can use the Start Menu and search for “advanced system settings” and click on that item.
    • Go to the advanced tab and click the Settings
      button under Performance.
    • Find and uncheck “Show shadows under windows” and click
      Apply or OK
    • The drop shadows will immediately be removed.
    • As soon as you do, all drop shadow effects will be disabled, giving you a truly flat user interface.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft adding drop shadows to Chromium popups on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft adding drop

2. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  3. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  4. Ad or Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ad or Popup: I have of late a green box in the lower right corner of my display obscuring my icons. It is transparent in the sense that if you click it, you will click the icon under it. In the box is the information "VOTING MATTERS Progressive turnout project TURNOUTPAC.ORG". It remains...
  5. popup ads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    popup ads: How do I stop popup ads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popup-ads/8da67e80-c22a-4556-b943-c4f64d0940e6
  6. Popup ads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Popup ads: My Windows 10 PC is being plagued by small ads popping up in the lower left corner of the desktop. This happens whether the PC is on the Internet or not. Is there any way of preventing this?...
  7. Microsoft is adding a nifty feature to Edge, Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding a nifty feature to Edge, Chromium on Windows 10: Microsoft has recently started working on a new feature for the open-source Chromium project that would benefit various browsers, including new Edge and Google Chrome. As per a new commit, Microsoft wants to add a new feature to Chromium that would allow users to view...
  8. Microsoft is adding more scrolling features to Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding more scrolling features to Chromium on Windows 10: Microsoft has already confirmed that it is working on making Chromium-based browsers (Edge and Chrome) work smoother on Windows 10. Microsoft has planned multiple improvements for Chromium browser, including a new feature that would help out with performance problems,...
  9. Popup ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Popup ads: How in the world do you stop these pesky ads? I have gone through all the settings, but there is nothing for that issue. So frustrated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popup-ads/d4d008ec-1aca-43ce-be58-4987b557b24b"
  10. popups and ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    popups and ads: hello im having a lot of popups and tried all sorts of anti malware and antiviruses available from the net and pchelpforum.com but it was unable to fix my problem. some of them appeare in chinese and i think have something to do with baidu. please help 39162