Windows 10: Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook

Discus and support Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As per the latest findings, Microsoft appears to be working on several new features for the Chromium-based browsers. Late last week, a commit revealed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 28, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook

As per the latest findings, Microsoft appears to be working on several new features for the Chromium-based browsers. Late last week, a commit revealed that Microsoft is helping the Chromium-browsers to support the Windows 10’s system styling for captions displayed in a video.

Today, we spotted yet another commit from Microsoft engineer which sheds light on the company’s plan to add drag and Drop support for emails and attachments from Microsoft Outlook on Windows platforms.

According to the commit, Chromium-based browsers such as Chrome and new Edge will be able to drag email messages or email attachments out of Outlook for Windows app and drop them on a website such as OneDrive or Google Drive.

“Users should be able to drag email messages or email attachments out of Outlook.exe and drop them on a file hosting service website such as OneDrive or Google Drive, just as if dragging files from File Explorer,” Microsoft explains.

The commit also explains that the current version of Microsoft Edge comes with this functionality but it doesn’t work in Chromium-based browser. At the moment, if you try to reproduce this in Chromium-based browsers, drop operation will be allowed, but nothing happens when the drop is actually performed.

It’s not known when this functionality will make its way to Chrome.

The post Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 28, 2019

2. Surface Book Touchpad - Drag & Drop not working in Outlook 2016

Hi Rainer,

Allow me to assist you.

A quick question before we proceed.

What happens when you try to drag and drop attachments in Outlook 2016?

Let’s start Outlook in Safe Mode following steps mentioned below, then try drag and drop an attachment
    and verify the result.

* Hold Windows key + R.

* Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press
    Enter

Outlook /safe

Note: There is a space between Outlook and ‘/’.

If Outlook works as expected in safe mode, disable the add-ins by following steps mentioned below and determine the problem causing add-in.

a) Click on File menu, click Options, Add-ins, Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

b) Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox.

c) Close the Office program and restart it.

d) Enable each add-in one at a time, restart the Outlook, and repeat the above procedure. If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.

Hope it helps fix the drag and drop. Try the suggestion and let us know the result at your earliest convenience.

Joy Kemprai, Feb 28, 2019
  3. eyexam Win User
    Drag and drop attachment

No, I use Chrome but don't see how that matters since the listing of files doesn't allow me to "pick up" any individual file and drag it ANYWHERE; whether it's into my gmail or any other place (like the desktop, for example). This doesn't seem to be a browser issue- more of a Win10 issue.

thanks
    Jeff

eyexam, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Benjamin Win User

How to drag-and-drop attachments to Mail for Windows 10?

I switched from Outlook to the built-in Mail for Windows 10 app.

To attach a file to an email, I was used to drag it from the desktop to the New Mail window.

In Mail for Windows 10, this doesn't work, the mouse pointer becomes a prohibited sign.

I have to go to Insert > Attachment, then manually browse for the file.

Is it possible to active drag-and-drop support for attachments?

Benjamin, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook - Similar Threads - Microsoft adds drag

2. Drag and Drop not working in Chrome on MSI machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop not working in Chrome on MSI machine.: Hello, We use a combination of Lenovo and MSI machines in our office and we are having an issue now where the MSI machines are not able to drag and drop files inside Chrome ie dragging a file from the desktop to Chrome. The MSI machines can drag and drop files in Edge but not...
  3. Drag and Drop not working in Chrome on MSI machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop not working in Chrome on MSI machine.: Hello, We use a combination of Lenovo and MSI machines in our office and we are having an issue now where the MSI machines are not able to drag and drop files inside Chrome ie dragging a file from the desktop to Chrome. The MSI machines can drag and drop files in Edge but not...
  4. Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.

Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.: Hello,When I used the old outlook, it was easy and simple to download attachments to the PC by dragging the file from the email directly to the folder.However, after I switched to the New Outlook, It wont let me drag the files from the email to the folder.I have to click on...
  5. Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.: Hello,When I used the old outlook, it was easy and simple to download attachments to the PC by dragging the file from the email directly to the folder.However, after I switched to the New Outlook, It wont let me drag the files from the email to the folder.I have to click on...
  6. Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?: I have recently moved from windows 10 to windows 11 and just missing the function of taskbar that was dragging and dropping files from one app to another or just dragging shortcuts from desktop screen to taskbar to pin it there. I just hope if Microsoft can do something about...
  7. Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?

Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?: I have recently moved from windows 10 to windows 11 and just missing the function of taskbar that was dragging and dropping files from one app to another or just dragging shortcuts from desktop screen to taskbar to pin it there. I just hope if Microsoft can do something about...
  8. Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome

Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome: Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 for work. Previously, I used Windows 7 (I think) and when I used the sticky note, I could highlight and then drag by holding down on the left button on the mouse and then placing the selected content into a program in Chrome from...
  9. cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10: Hi All. Two issues that may be related? 1) after upgrading to Win 10 (I use office 365) I can no longer Drag & Drop a file into a message body, but it will allow by using the "attach file" tool in Outlook 2013. 2) the Windows Desktop Search is no longer active making...
  10. Drag and drop attachment

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop attachment: With Win7, I could right click on the taskbar icon, pick up a previous file and drag it into my gmail to attach. Not an option with Win10- any way to do this with a work-around?? thanks Jeff 50882

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Drag And Drop Support Added To Chrome for Outlook Attachments

2. drag and drop attachments from outlook to edge

3. chrome outlook attach file empty