Windows 10: Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell

Discus and support Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Believe it or not, Microsoft is working on supporting OpenSSH. Yes, Microsoft is getting ready to support one of the mainstays of BSD, Linux, and Unix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 1, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell

Source

:)

labeeman, Jun 1, 2015
  2. ogord Win User

Memory Card Corrupted

I did reflash again to have acces to the memory again and install the openssh.

yes, now I have acces to memory and I can install openssh...

the xterminal say:

Reading package list... done

building dependecy tree

reading state information.. done

openssh-client is already the newest version.

o upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded

what is that??

ogord, Jun 1, 2015
  3. OpenSSH

The ssh option is user@machine... so root@mylaptop might be what you used to log in as root to your laptop.. or foxmeister@desktop might be to log in as foxmeister on your desktop machine..

the problem is your router probably nat.. all you machines (including your phone) will have a "private" IP address, something like 192.168.1.xxx..

your router sees all the internet traffic coming from the computers on your network and uses NAT (network address translation) to change the 192.168.1.xxx address to your WAN address.. when the outside world replies to the traffic, the router does the reverse,
    it changes it back to 192.168.1.xxx

The problem is that an outside system cannot connect to a 192.168.1.xxx address because it is "private" this means only reachable in your house.. If they try to connect to your WAN address, your router won't know which machine on your network should receive
    it.. You need to convince your router to send all inbound SSH connections to your laptop.. This is totally dependent on the type of router you have..

the DNS stuff isn't really necesary, but it really helps. Otherwise you'd be connecting to an IP address...

I believe dyndns is free to use too, they let you pick a name and you'll use that to connect back to your laptop.. but, because of the way NAT works (and specifically asymetric routing) connecting to your dns name from your local network won't work... If
    you can't get it working inside, check via 3G and it might!

Also, here's a neat command

Try this in an x terminal

getent hosts my.host.name

This command will look up the IP address of my.host.name.. you can use that to verify that the dyndns stuff is working (the reported IP address should match the WAN address on your router)

cpitchford, Jun 1, 2015
  4. Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell

Ever since I started running a home server & vms with Ubuntu Server I have always disliked putty. Always wanted a native solution. Really hope this goes somewhere.

jmgibson1981, Jun 2, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell

1. Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell - Similar Threads - Microsoft adds OpenSSH

2. Is Microsoft going to add support for 7th gen CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft going to add support for 7th gen CPU?: Is Microsoft going to add support for 7th gen CPU? I have a 7th gen CPU and I am running windows 11 21h2 and Everything works fine I just want to know if my CPU will be supported.My CPU Specs: IntelR CoreTM i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz Base speed: 3.00 GHz Sockets: 1 Cores: 4...
  3. Is Microsoft going to add support for 7th gen CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft going to add support for 7th gen CPU?: Is Microsoft going to add support for 7th gen CPU? I have a 7th gen CPU and I am running windows 11 21h2 and Everything works fine I just want to know if my CPU will be supported.My CPU Specs: IntelR CoreTM i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz Base speed: 3.00 GHz Sockets: 1 Cores: 4...
  4. how to use openssh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use openssh: how to use openssh step by step process https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-openssh/c39893b9-20dc-42a9-9a65-486aed388d22
  5. Microsoft adds supported language tags to Xbox games

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds supported language tags to Xbox games: [ATTACH] With so many exciting games on the market, it’s understandable that gamers may do some homework before committing to a title: that can entail reading reviews, looking up technical features, or just making sure a game supports the way we prefer to play....
  6. Powershell Hindi Font not Supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell Hindi Font not Supported: [ATTACH]Hindi font not showing .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-hindi-font-not-supported/3f4a8f42-26d2-4eb5-9587-5e6ac4bb1822
  7. Windows OpenSSH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows OpenSSH: I'm really excited about windows "baking" OpenSSH into windows 10 but I've had many problems and questions about it Is there any official documentation discussing it's limitations, capabilities e.t.c? I tried searching their website but couldn't find anything good enough....
  8. Error trying to install OpenSSH Server from Powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error trying to install OpenSSH Server from Powershell: I've upgraded to the proper version of Windows and am trying to enable OpenSSH Server on my machine. It's an HP Zbook 17 running the latest version of Windows 10. I'm executing this command: dism /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OpenSSH.Server~~~~0.0.1.0 If I...
  9. OpenSSH files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenSSH files: I have disabled a few services under msconfig because my PC was a bit slow. It really helped, and Windows is working well. However, I found Openssh ssh server with Openssh server files, which I had never installed. I wonder, if it is a virus or the files that come along with...
  10. Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language: Microsoft Translator is excited to announce the launch of Telugu, our latest AI-powered text translation language.The launch of Telugu was officially announced at Interspeech 2018 in Hyderabad, India. Hyderabad is the capital of the Indian state of Telangana where Telugu is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft adds ssh to powershell