Windows 10: Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in...

Discus and support Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Media autoplay. A while ago Microsoft had added a flag that had to do with this but it was removed later. Other changes in Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leopeva64-2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in...

Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in... gyO1DWchKng7yzPpMb_Eso90OexCm-btZ2Q_bfpkcMQ.jpg

Media autoplay.

A while ago Microsoft had added a flag that had to do with this but it was removed later.

Other changes in Edge Canary (Version 78.0.272.0) have to do with the Settings page, the color in the dark mode is now lighter and the Sync options have changed a bit:

Sync options.

Link to Microsoft account.

Changes in the Tracking prevention section.

All these changes are part of the Controlled Feature Roll-outs in Microsoft Edge.

submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leopeva64-2, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Anyway to force control panel on video windows playing commercial adds

Apologies - using Vivaldi (Chrome based) but not Chrome. I get the same issue but video controls can be restored by allowing pop ups in per site settings:

Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in... [​IMG]

So I click on the button to the left of the address bar to get per site settings and change pop up option to allow (only for that site)

In Chrome:

Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in... [​IMG]
    Note Change settings for a specific site

You can allow or block permissions for a specific site. The site will use its settings instead of the default settings.

1. On your computer, open Chrome .
    2. Go to a website.
    3. To the left of the web address, click the icon you see: Lock
      Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in... L9-ufjZuuR0ma44XqiZ8Zg_JUlR8Kbl1ctaFM52LCu6qv3eppvZV8BVLTDqYHz7mEao=w18-h18.png
      , Info
      Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in... KFs3BIAZnJiSLNLUM-A4kiRO0GsRu5pDr1loalhlFF4AzpJwWxRc_orjsv2Y1erXJjs=w18-h18.png
      , or Dangerous
    4. Click Site settings.
    5. Change a permission setting. Your changes will automatically save.

Change site permissions - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Callender, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor - won't play video/audio

Hi Jake,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

For the issue with Sound try the below steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.

If the still persist, try the below steps.
    Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    For the issue with Netflix, I recommend you to uninstall and re/install the Netflix and check.

• Go to settings and click on system.

• Click on App & features and click on the Netflix and
      uninstall it.
    Also, I suggest you to go to the below link and try updating the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-display-adapter

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 29, 2019
  4. henasith Win User

Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in...

PS4 external play options

MKV is a container format which can hold unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file, but PS4 can play MKV files with the following specification:
    • H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2
    • MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

Once the MKV you add to PS4 does not meet the above requirements, the problem occurs.

To solve the issue, there are many methods and here list two of them:

1. Handbrake is the go to free converter for video files on Mac.

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Install it and then point it at one of your MKV files and convert to one of the preset MP4 defaults in the Handbrake sidebar. Under "Regular" you should be fine with "Normal" or "High Profile" settings.

2. A step by step guide on Does PS4 Play MKV.

The article introduces a detailed guide to help you solve PS4 won't play MKV issue.

henasith, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in...

1. Microsoft adds the option to "control if audio and video play automatically on sites" in... - Similar Threads - Microsoft adds option

2. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  3. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  4. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio and Video play and pause automatically on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Audio and Video play and pause automatically on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the audio or video play and pause automatically on your Windows 11/10 PC then this post may interest you. This issue is not limited to a particular video or audio player. The users who experienced this problem, have tried different media players and web browsers...
  6. Audio & video Play Pause automatically

Audio & video Play Pause automatically: Audio and video pause automatically and sometimes pause and play only when I use an internal YouTube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . 1. It happens only when I am playing a video or audio. 2. No virus after scan 3. Since the space bar key...
  7. Audio and video pauses automatically

Audio and video pauses automatically: Audio and video pause automatically and sometimes pause and play only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . 1. It happens only when I am playing a video or audio. 2. No virus after scan 3. Since the spacebar key...
  8. No audio when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  9. Add or Remove 'When playing video' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove 'When playing video' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove 'When playing video' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "When playing video" from Power Options in Windows The When playing video setting under Multimedia settings in Power Options allows users to specify the power optimization mode...
  10. Anyway to force control panel on video windows playing commercial adds

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to force control panel on video windows playing commercial adds: Watching news videos on windows 10 PC, I notice that when commercial add videos come on, as they do periodically throughout those videos, there are no controls for the video window. That is, you cannot control the sound or the move the cursor as you can in the rest of the...