Windows 10: Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices

Discus and support Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a desktop and laptop where each have been assigned the same microsoft account as the administrator under 'your info' i.e. [ATTACH] however... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by surfing69, May 3, 2020.

1. surfing69 Win User

Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices

I have a desktop and laptop where each have been assigned the same microsoft account as the administrator under 'your info' i.e.

Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices 22c7c7c9-80fd-496e-8142-9eb780ad0947?upload=true.png

however if i click on manage my microsoft account, i see the following

Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices f977be20-0075-40fb-9da5-22ea8344a02b?upload=true.png

My desktop is FULLY updated and as i already signed in under an admin account, i dont understand why the location of my Desktop is 'disabled'????

Is there a reason for this discrepancy???

thanks

:)

surfing69, May 3, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 3, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Locate device

Hello,

Are these the steps you're doing when trying to locate your device?

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
      . If you're asked to sign in, use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in to the lost device.
    • Choose your device from the list, then select Find my device.
    • You'll see a map with a highlighted location. However, this may not be your device's current location. When a Microsoft device is turned on, we periodically save your device location, so check the
      Last seen at timestamp.
    • In the meantime, we'll automatically start a new search. Wait a bit and the new device location should appear.

You can also have the option of locking the device to render it useless unless that the person knows your credentials. Here's how:

• When you find your device on the map, select Lock > Next.
    • Type a lock-screen message for anyone who finds your device to see.
    • Select Lock. Note that anyone who finds your locked device can't sign in unless they are an admin for a Microsoft account already on the device.
    Reset your password
    Once your device is locked, you should reset your password for added security. Select
    Reset password and follow the instructions.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, May 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices

1. Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft admin account

2. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  3. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  4. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Closed my Microsoft Account but cannot switch my PC's Admin account now to my new Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closed my Microsoft Account but cannot switch my PC's Admin account now to my new Microsoft...: Hello! So I had two Microsoft accounts, I decided to close one and did so. But now I realize the email that was associated with it is the same email for my PC's Administrator and I cannot switch the email for my PC Admin account unless I log into it's Microsoft account. Is it...
  6. Cannot add a device to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot add a device to my microsoft account: My microsoft account is not showing all the computers linked to my account.Microsoft's advice is:"Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, select Don't see your device?, then follow the instructions." - Don't see your device - does not exist on the device page of my microsoft...
  7. Cannot add device to my microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot add device to my microsoft account: I have tried to add my current device to my Microsoft account several times. Each time I sign my Microsoft account out and resign in, it will still not find my device despite me having signed in with my Microsoft account. How can I fix this issue as I cannot download any apps...
  8. Microsoft Account - Device Admin Password Recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - Device Admin Password Recovery: I am trying to recover an admin password for a device that is included on my Microsoft account. I have two devices listed and I wanted to know if I can recover the password for one of these devices. Also how is this done. Thanks JimmyAG...
  9. Cannot unlink my Microsoft account from local Admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot unlink my Microsoft account from local Admin account: Hello, I am unable to unlink my personal Microsoft account from the local account on the computer I am using, for some reason the option that would usually be there is just non existent as shown on the picture below. I'm using the latest windows 1909 build as well if anyone...
  10. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...