Windows 10: Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again

Discus and support Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Admits Updates Are Freezing Windows 10 Computers -- Again 132991 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by bookfox, May 20, 2019.

1. bookfox Win User

Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again

bookfox, May 20, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 20, 2019
  3. mikesil23 Win User
    Windows 10 keeps freezing my computer randomly

I have done these boilerplate "solutions" so many times the computer almost does them by itself.

It does appear that Microsoft is making some small effort on the problem (without even admitting that it exists). Over the past 18 months I have noticed:

• the interval between freezes has improved from about every 2 operating hours to about 12 hours, on average
    • the hard reset after a freeze no longer throws Win10 into one of its weird states from which it used have great difficulty recovering. Now when a freeze happens I can do power off, wait, power on and get a normal startup.
    So keep up the good work, guys. Our great-great-great-grandchildren will thank you for it.

mikesil23, May 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again

computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again

1. Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again - Similar Threads - Microsoft admits updates

2. Will Microsoft admit the truth?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Microsoft admit the truth?: This post and the fact that it is locked is proof the problem is not fixable, except by purchasing another processor, if possible, or a new computer. Windows 11 is coming and with the new security protocols, cloud features, browser implementations, etc. our old systems will...
  3. Windows Freezes AGAIN !!!!

Windows Freezes AGAIN !!!!: I raised this question few months back and it stopped freezing thereafter but today my pc froze again. I have attached the link to Windows Logs Application and System with it. Kindly anyone please check these files and help me fix this problem. Also, the time at which Windows...
  4. Microsoft admits Windows 10 multitasking feature broken by update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits Windows 10 multitasking feature broken by update: Windows 10 October 2020 Update, which is just a service pack style upgrade, was released in October. This update is a minor release, but it comes with two new features — theme-aware Start Menu and new Alt-Tab experience. As you may know already, Alt+Tab is a popular...
  5. Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10: Microsoft has acknowledged that some of Windows 10’s most recent updates are causing new problems for some PCs rather than resolving the underlying bugs. According to the company, Windows 10 KB4571756, which is supposed to be a cumulative update with security patches, is...
  6. Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots: Windows 10 is once again experiencing serious issues due to June 2020 batch of cumulative updates. Microsoft says KB4557957 for version 2004 and KB4560960 for version 1909/1903, which were released on ‘Patch Tuesday’ are plagued with a critical issue that will trigger forced...
  7. Cannot see networked computers after Microsoft updates AGAIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see networked computers after Microsoft updates AGAIN: I have tried every fix posted, to get my networked computers to see each other to no avail. Every time I manage to fix that, a new "update" gets released and I get sent right back to square one. How can we solve this so I don't have to keep fixing what your updates screw up?...
  8. Freezing again

Freezing again: I have made another post about this before, but now it's happening much more than last time and at random. My version of Windows 10 is 1909 build 18363.592 and was updated yesterday as of posting this. I used tools such as Avast Cleanup with its DIsk Doctor basically a...
  9. pc freezing again an again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc freezing again an again: why my pc is freezing again again within minutes? despite high configuration like 16 gb ram i5 processor 1050 gtx graphic card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezing-again-an-again/f81bfbd3-0778-4178-8959-5ed281a5b1d3
  10. Microsoft admits normal users are just testing updates for them.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft admits normal users are just testing updates for them.: "These are preview releases, primarily for commercial customers and advanced users “seeking” updates. These updates have only non-security fixes. The intent of these releases is to provide visibility into, and enable testing of, the non-security fixes that will be included...