Windows 10: Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG

Discus and support Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been throttling the rollout of the May 2020 Update for Windows 10 to identify and address bugs that might have been skipped during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 27, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG

Microsoft has been throttling the rollout of the May 2020 Update for Windows 10 to identify and address bugs that might have been skipped during the beta testing last year. It appears that Windows 10 version 2004, version 1909, and even version 1903 updates are plagued with a new bug.

Microsoft has confirmed that its recent update for Windows 10 could prevent Windows Sandbox and Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) from opening for some users.

Windows Sandbox is a relatively new security feature that can be used to test suspicious apps, links, and other potentially risky items in an isolated virtual environment. Windows Sandbox is deployed with Microsoft Edge and it also allows users to surf the web.

Unlike Virtual Machine, Windows Sandbox runs more like a basic Windows app and you can create Sandbox machine by searching for the feature in Windows Search or Start Menu.

After recent updates to Windows 10 version 1903, 1909 or 2004, Microsoft noted that Windows Sandbox and Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) will too fail to open for some users.

The issue, which was also reported online by testers last year, could be fixed when you disable the feature or restart your system. This workaround mitigates the issue temporarily, but errors could show again when you close and open Windows Sandbox or Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG).

Support documentation from Microsoft confirmed that the company is working on a more permanent solution to address Windows Sandbox crashes.

The post Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG

Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG

1. Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG - Similar Threads - Microsoft admits bug

2. Will Microsoft admit the truth?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Microsoft admit the truth?: This post and the fact that it is locked is proof the problem is not fixable, except by purchasing another processor, if possible, or a new computer. Windows 11 is coming and with the new security protocols, cloud features, browser implementations, etc. our old systems will...
  3. WDAG Crashing with 0xc03a001a error code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WDAG Crashing with 0xc03a001a error code: Just gonna try edge with "New Application Guard Windows" but it keeps saying this every time I try to launch itI already have Virtualization turned on in UEFI settings, have Hyper-V installed tooMy PC info:OS: Windows 10 PRO V. 21H1 OS Build 19043.1165Windows Updates: No...
  4. Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10: Microsoft has acknowledged that some of Windows 10’s most recent updates are causing new problems for some PCs rather than resolving the underlying bugs. According to the company, Windows 10 KB4571756, which is supposed to be a cumulative update with security patches, is...
  5. Windows 10 2004 glitch: Microsoft admits bug breaks Storage Spaces, corrupts files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 glitch: Microsoft admits bug breaks Storage Spaces, corrupts files: submitted by /u/-protonsandneutrons- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbdha7/windows_10_2004_glitch_microsoft_admits_bug/
  6. No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909: Hi everyone! Thanks for reading this! I have tested my IPv6 connectivity on my Windows 10 Pro v1909 using Test your IPv6. and I have IPv6 available on my machine. It reports 10/10 tests ok. Nice! However, when I repeat the same test inside Windows Defender Application Guard...
  7. Windows Sandbox bug!

Windows Sandbox bug!: I just downloaded and installed the KB4512941 patch for Windows 10. Before that patch the sandbox doesn't even start here. Now it starts but the screen is always blinking. Something is wrong yet. Some ideas to solve this? H5yDdoRGX9U 139635
  8. Windows Sandbox bug!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sandbox bug!: I just downloaded and installed the KB4512941 patch for Windows 10. Before that patch the sandbox doesn't even start here. Now it starts but the screen is always blinking. Something is wrong yet. Some ideas to solve this? H5yDdoRGX9U 139635
  9. Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine

Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine: I have noticed that if I try to launch Windows Sandbox OR Windows Defender Application Guard on a machine that is connected to our domain it will not launch. However, if the machine stays off or leaves the domain these features return back to normal. When connected to the...
  10. Sandbox And WDAG Error 0xc0370106 Fix ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sandbox And WDAG Error 0xc0370106 Fix ??: When Can We Expect A Fix For This Error Seen in Windows 10 v1903 As Many Users Are Facing This Issue Because Of Recent Update In May Which Was A Microcode Update For Intel Processors That Broke Down These Two Features And The Update Cannot Be Uninstalled. Tomorrow Is Patch...