Windows 10: Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix

Discus and support Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A Microsoft representative has quietly confirmed that the February 2021 cumulative update (KB4601319) suffers from a bug that could disable your web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix

A Microsoft representative has quietly confirmed that the February 2021 cumulative update (KB4601319) suffers from a bug that could disable your web camera. In addition to camera crashes, users have also reported other bugs in Windows 10 KB4601319 and Microsoft is investigating the reports.

According to user reports, Windows 10 KB4601319 appears to be breaking support for Intel RealSense Depth camera and Razer Stargazer. Rolling back the cumulative update resolves the problem and some users speculate that the Virtual Driver is missing from Imaging Devices when this KB is installed.

On Microsoft’s support ‘Feedback Hub’, a software engineer has now stated that the company is aware of the reports and are working on a fix.

“Thank you for bringing the issues with Intel Realsense Camera to our attention. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you need to get your camera working, please follow the instructions on how to remove an installed Windows Update,” Microsoft noted.

Windows 10 KB4601319 issues

While Microsoft has only acknowledged reports of camera issues after the cumulative updates, users have noted that KB4601319 is also affecting the performance of their wireless mouse, second monitor and other accessories.

In addition to hardware failure, there are reports of Blue Screen of Death error too.

It’s worth noting that only some users have had system crashes after this month’s cumulative update and it doesn’t appear to be widespread. As expected, some have also reported installation issues when downloading and applying February 2021 cumulative update.

On the Feedback Hub, Microsoft said that users can uninstall the February Patch if they’ve issues after the installation. If you’re unable to uninstall it via Windows Update Settings or Control Panel, you can always use the built-in Recovery options or Media Creation Tool to recover the operating system.

Hopefully, the problem will be cured with the upcoming optional cumulative update and more details will be shared soon.

The post Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 16, 2021
  2. hTconeM9user, Feb 16, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix

1. Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix - Similar Threads - Microsoft admits KB4601319

2. Will Microsoft admit the truth?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Microsoft admit the truth?: This post and the fact that it is locked is proof the problem is not fixable, except by purchasing another processor, if possible, or a new computer. Windows 11 is coming and with the new security protocols, cloud features, browser implementations, etc. our old systems will...
  3. Issue with KB4601319 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with KB4601319 update.: Two days ago I updated my version of Windows 10 to 20H2 KB4601319. I ran the update. It took several hours, and finished eventually. It behaved perfectly normally except for the following issues. At first, it wouldn't let me login to my machine the next day. I had to change...
  4. Windows 10 update KB4601319 not completing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update KB4601319 not completing: So I recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad laptop don't know what type and I realized that I needed to update some things so, I update it but the update called "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4601319" keeps on failing to complete. I really...
  5. Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10: Microsoft has been working on a refreshed Windows 10 Start Menu for a while now, and you can finally try it out later this year. But that’s not all the company is changing in Windows 10. In addition to these nifty improvements, Microsoft is also promising a renewed focus in...
  6. Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10: Microsoft has acknowledged that some of Windows 10’s most recent updates are causing new problems for some PCs rather than resolving the underlying bugs. According to the company, Windows 10 KB4571756, which is supposed to be a cumulative update with security patches, is...
  7. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues: Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional cumulative update that Microsoft shipped for everyone, generates high CPU usage and also breaks down Windows Search on some devices. Following the various reports, Microsoft has finally acknowledged at least two known issues with...
  8. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block: Microsoft recently announced a new upgrade block for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) on PCs with outdated Intel RST drivers. The Redmond firm has been recommending users to install the newer versions of the drivers before deploying Windows 10 version 1903 on their...
  9. Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues: Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues Microsoft Promises Fix For The Windows 10 Store Issues - Windows 10 News and Updates 38934
  10. Microsoft Promises to Fix “Dirty Shutdowns” in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Promises to Fix “Dirty Shutdowns” in Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development right now, and a new build included in the Technical Preview channel is only expected to launch next month, so Microsoft has more time to fix bugs and issues in the existing 9879 version. One of the problems that Microsoft is trying to...
Tags: