Windows 10: Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots

Discus and support Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is once again experiencing serious issues due to June 2020 batch of cumulative updates. Microsoft says KB4557957 for version 2004 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 25, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots

Windows 10 is once again experiencing serious issues due to June 2020 batch of cumulative updates. Microsoft says KB4557957 for version 2004 and KB4560960 for version 1909/1903, which were released on ‘Patch Tuesday’ are plagued with a critical issue that will trigger forced reboots on your system.

Windows 10’s June 2020 cumulative updates were supposed to be important for security improvements as the updates addressed several vulenrlabities in the operating system.

In a support document, Microsoft has quietly confirmed that the latest cumulative update is causing some systems to crash. The patch appears to be is causing issues with the Local Security Authority Process, which is responsible for authenticating users in the WinLogon service.

Microsoft says that the issue with Local Security Authority Process will lead to forced reboots on some systems and “your pc will automatically restart in one minute” warning will be displayed on the desktop.

“A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted,” the error message reads, according to several users reports.

Another user confirmed that the Patch Tuesday update is causing their systems to crash and reboot multiple times in a matter of week. Administrators also confirmed that they have the same problem with Windows 10 Enterprise edition after applying June 2020 updates.

Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots PC-restart-warning.png

Microsoft confirmed that they are aware of the issues with the LSASS file and it plans to provide an update in an upcoming release, which could arrive as early as July 14.

Thankfully, you can resolve the system crashes problem by uninstalling the patch. To uninstall June 2020 patch and fix forced reboot issuers, follow these steps:

• Open Start menu and click the Settings cog.
    • In the Settings app opens, click Update & Security.
    • Click “View update history” and then “Uninstall updates” in the top-left corner.

When you click on ‘uninstall updates’, Windows will redirect you to a Control Panel window listing all the cumulative updates applied to your computer.

You can use the filter and sort the list with the most recent updates at the top. After identifying the June 2020 Patch, select the update package and click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.

Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots Manage-updates-in-Control-Panel.jpg

At the moment, Microsoft is not aware of any workaround and you would need to remove the patch manually if you encounter system reboot warnings after login.

The emergence of this Windows 10 flaw is obviously problematic for those working from home, but those who are experiencing this bug will get a solution perhaps as soon as next month.

The post Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 25, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Except you missed I beleive it was @Mussels report on how this actually works. It first insists that you let the offending update install. Then you must uninstall it again, before you can tell it not to install that update again. The Forbes guy did a disservice by even admitting he had not tried it yet to see how it actually performed before reporting it.

rtwjunkie, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

It only works on updates that have not been installed yet.
    So if you have a problem with an update, you have to run this program either before its installed, or after its uninstalled - let it scan for available updates - and then 'hide' that update.

this is what it shows me, on pro because i have all available updates installed (because i have no choice in the matter)

Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots Capture574.jpg

So to make an example of how this actually works you have to:
    Run it before windows update automatically runs
    run it before windows update automatically installs the update/driver
    or
    run it after all of the above you manually uninstall the windows update, reboot, and BEFORE it tries to reinstall it

Mussels, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft admits Windows 10 update triggers forced reboots - Similar Threads - Microsoft admits update

2. Will Microsoft admit the truth?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Microsoft admit the truth?: This post and the fact that it is locked is proof the problem is not fixable, except by purchasing another processor, if possible, or a new computer. Windows 11 is coming and with the new security protocols, cloud features, browser implementations, etc. our old systems will...
  3. Command line to trigger/force a Windows update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command line to trigger/force a Windows update?: Is there a way to trigger or force a Windows update via the command line? I take a laptop for trips but because my primary computer is a desktop, the laptop can sit for months unused. I'd like to quickly double-click a link to a .BAT file that will do this right before I...
  4. Microsoft is fixing a Windows 10 bug that causes forced reboots

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing a Windows 10 bug that causes forced reboots: Microsoft is finally fixing an annoying Windows 10 bug that causes a random reboot on some devices running the October 2020 Update. The tech giant has also removed the ‘compatibility hold’, which should allow more users to install the upcoming feature updates. In November...
  5. Microsoft admits Windows 10 multitasking feature broken by update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits Windows 10 multitasking feature broken by update: Windows 10 October 2020 Update, which is just a service pack style upgrade, was released in October. This update is a minor release, but it comes with two new features — theme-aware Start Menu and new Alt-Tab experience. As you may know already, Alt+Tab is a popular...
  6. Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits there’s a new problem with Windows 10: Microsoft has acknowledged that some of Windows 10’s most recent updates are causing new problems for some PCs rather than resolving the underlying bugs. According to the company, Windows 10 KB4571756, which is supposed to be a cumulative update with security patches, is...
  7. Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG: Microsoft has been throttling the rollout of the May 2020 Update for Windows 10 to identify and address bugs that might have been skipped during the beta testing last year. It appears that Windows 10 version 2004, version 1909, and even version 1903 updates are plagued with a...
  8. MS Forcing an update and reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Forcing an update and reboot: I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted. after restarting all the data on my storage/work drive is gone! I have been working on a project for 3 week's and was being sent to Antarctica for research. Even the...
  9. Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits updates are freezing computers - again: Microsoft Admits Updates Are Freezing Windows 10 Computers -- Again 132991
  10. Forced Windows 10 Update Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Windows 10 Update Reboot Loop: So with the forced April update recently. I can not even get to the BIOs. I have tried interrupting it by hard shutdowns but that also changes nothing. It will never go into recovery. I can't even use a USB to reinstall the OS. Is my hard drive bricked by windows? Please...