Windows 10: Microsoft adult to child account fix?

Discus and support Microsoft adult to child account fix? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account. Has this been... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KimAloha, Feb 10, 2020.

1. KimAloha Win User

Microsoft adult to child account fix?

Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account. Has this been fixed YET? The issue is that I don't want to cancel the adult account straight out or we'll lose all of the games, which, I've paid for, progress and "skins."

In past YEARS good people have asked Microsoft for a fix. Is there one? Yet?!

:)

KimAloha, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Attrition Win User

Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Feb 10, 2020
  3. aegiswiz Win User
    Adult account listed as child. Child account listed as adult.

I want to change my child account into my adult account.

In truth, there is no child. Both accounts are my adult account. I had not a clue when creating accounts or even know I was creating them. Now I know, the email account I've had since before microsoft bought Hotmail, has always been my primary account.
    On an old computer some computer generations ago when microsoft was being excessively obnoxious and insisted on having me "log in", I opened a different account to 'sign in' with. Now I see how totally screwed up things are viewed from microsoft's perspective,
    I thought I ought to fix it before something massively ridiculous and nightmarish happens.

I don't care that I have and adult and a child account. But the adult account is the one I signed up for arbitrarily several computer generations ago and I've lost the password at least twice and suspect there may even be another email attached to that
    one that I never use. I just want to fix it. If I delete the adult, which is actually the child, I'm confident microsoft could never fix it in my lifetime and I'll be stuck changing the email account I've had since before microsoft bought it in order to
    try to fix something that seems to me to be so simple.

It isn't about any category. I is microsoft accounts. You're nagging me that I have family, which is how I figured out how screwed up your records about me are.

Is there hope? I hope that any replies will go to the real adult, which is listed as a child...

aegiswiz, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft adult to child account fix?

Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft adult to child account fix?

1. Microsoft adult to child account fix? - Similar Threads - Microsoft adult child

2. Child account for an Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  3. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  4. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adult account displays as child account

Adult account displays as child account: Hi. I'd like to ask someone for help with Windows 10 and a new account creation.I need to add two accounts - for my wife and for my daughter. Daughter's account is set as a child account, and that's correct.But when I try to add another account for my wife, she is also added...
  6. Adult account displays as child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adult account displays as child account: Hi. I'd like to ask someone for help with Windows 10 and a new account creation.I need to add two accounts - for my wife and for my daughter. Daughter's account is set as a child account, and that's correct.But when I try to add another account for my wife, she is also added...
  7. Child account to Adult?

Child account to Adult?: Hi, I am trying to attach my Xbox account to my Epic Games account for my Rocket League rewards, but it won't let me. After contacting Rocket League's support team, they told me the error code I am receiving is related to my account being a child account. My birthday is...
  8. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  9. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...
  10. Changing an adult account into a child account

Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how switch a Microsoft account from adult to child will the child lose all his fortnight skins