Windows 10: Microsoft aims to make Chrome scrolling responsive on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft aims to make Chrome scrolling responsive on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Over the past few months, Microsoft has shown that it’s very interested in contributing to the Chromium open source project which benefits both Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft aims to make Chrome scrolling responsive on Windows 10

Over the past few months, Microsoft has shown that it’s very interested in contributing to the Chromium open source project which benefits both Edge and Chrome. One of Microsoft’s latest feature requests is to make Chromium scrolling more responsive with EdgeHTML-style impulse-style scrolling.

The goal of the commit is to bring Impulse-style (i.e. EdgeHTML-style) scroll animations as an option to Chromium. Microsoft says it has already ported this scroll animation into Chromium-based Edge browser’s Dev and Canary channels.

The Impulse-style scroll animation is enabled by default in Edge browser. For Chrome, the feature is likely to show up behind an experimental flag in the coming days.

Microsoft says the Impulse-style scrolling will offer more responsive scrolling. When it’s enabled, each tick of the mouse wheel tries to mimic a physical-based where the content starts moving quickly and then slows due to friction.

In other words, the approach should make the scroll feel more responsive due to the quick ramp-up at the start.

Percent-based scrolling

Microsoft has been also working on percent-based scrolling for Chromium browsers. According to the software giant, Windows apps have scrolled as a percentage of the scroller’s visible size, whereas Chromium currently scrolls a fixed amount.

Although the current implementation works well for most cases, it apparently causes problems on certain webpages when the scroller viewport is only a few hundred pixels tall.

“This is often annoying, as it is more difficult to read or keep track of the material being scrolled,” Microsoft noted.

“In EdgeHTML, this issue was resolved by instead translating each scroll tick into a percentage (factoring in OS user configuration). This percentage was then resolved against the visible bounds of the intended scroller, meaning each scroll tick always scrolled by the same fractional distance. The result is an appropriate scroll distance regardless of the size of the scroller,” the company explained how percent-based scrolling works.

Percent based scrolling can be tested in Chrome Canary by enabling the feature flag.

All these changes are part of Microsoft’s plan to address the Google Chrome’s janky mouse and touchpad scrolling behaviour.

The post Microsoft aims to make Chrome scrolling responsive on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft aims to make Chrome scrolling responsive on Windows 10

AIM

I just uninstalled AIM and restarted my computer ...

I started task manager and then clicked on the ... startup tab ...

AIM is still listed ... So I disabled it ...

How do you remove AIM from the list ?

Thanks for any help in this matter ...

Kenneth Pincus, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft aims to make Chrome scrolling responsive on Windows 10

1. Microsoft aims to make Chrome scrolling responsive on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft aims Chrome

2. Microsoft aims to simplify Windows 10 PC set-up with Windows AutoPilot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft aims to simplify Windows 10 PC set-up with Windows AutoPilot: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smitcolin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6kau7o/microsoft_aims_to_simplify_windows_10_pc_setup/
  3. Microsoft is adding elastic scrolling to Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding elastic scrolling to Chrome on Windows 10: If you use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and Google Chrome or Safari on macOS, you might have noticed scroll bounce effect when you scroll to the very top of a page, or to the bottom of a page. The scroll bounce effect, which is also known as ‘elastic scrolling’, basically...
  4. Microsoft is improving Chrome’s scrollbar scrolling on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Chrome’s scrollbar scrolling on Windows 10: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge has ended for consumers as the Redmond firm has switched to Chromium and Google’s Blink rendering engine. Microsoft recently said that the new Chromium-based Edge would begin replacing the classic Edge on Windows 10 and the company is...
  5. Microsoft is improving Chrome audio & scrolling on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Chrome audio & scrolling on Windows 10: Microsoft finally has a browser that works as intended and the software giant is actively contributing to the Chromium platform. Microsoft’s contribution has equally helped Edge and Chrome, and the company is working on several other improvements. Microsoft has been working...
  6. Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10: Microsoft has already confirmed that it will base its new Edge browser on Chromium, the open-source project that also powers Google Chrome. After this announcement, Microsoft started contributing to Chromium which means the company’s efforts will make Chrome better, too. A...
  7. Scrolling stops working on Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling stops working on Chrome: I've been having an issue on my Surface Book 2 where after a while in Chrome, 2 finger scrolling through the touchpad on a webpage just stops working and in order to get it to work again, I need to switch to another tab then back. I was wondering if anyone had any insights...
  8. Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive: After searching, I could not find a thread that addressed the issue that I am having. The scroll wheel after 8 or 9 turns will zoom in by about 15% and then stop (and switching photos is no longer possible after this). The mouse and scroll wheel are fully functioning in...
  9. Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone: At Build 2018 developer conference, Microsoft announced Your Phone app for Windows 10 which is a new way to bring PCs and phones in sync. Microsoft aims to bring the smartphones and Windows 10 closer by allowing users to access notifications, messages and photos from phones...
  10. Taking aim at annoying page jumps in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Taking aim at annoying page jumps in Chrome: Have you ever opened a link shared by a friend to an article you were eager to read, scrolled to the second paragraph, and found yourself suddenly back near the top of the page, as if everything had shifted beneath you? These annoying page jumps typically happen when the...