Windows 10: Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone

Discus and support Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Build 2018 developer conference, Microsoft announced Your Phone app for Windows 10 which is a new way to bring PCs and phones in sync. Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 11, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone

At Build 2018 developer conference, Microsoft announced Your Phone app for Windows 10 which is a new way to bring PCs and phones in sync. Microsoft aims to bring the smartphones and Windows 10 closer by allowing users to access notifications, messages and photos from phones on PC.

While it’s easier to make Android notification, messages and photos accessible on Windows PCs, the limitations in iOS makes it a tad harder for any company to sync data.

Microsoft has implemented the feature on Android but it’s not yet possible to implement all of these new sync features on iPhones. Microsoft is, however, willing to work with Apple and bring the iPhone’s iMessage to Windows 10 inside its Your Phone app.

It is worth noting that Windows 10 and iPhone sync will continue to work but it could lack some functionality (iMessage integration) as compared to Android devices. Microsoft is however not giving up on this concept as it’s willing to work with Apple and implement iPhone support as well, the only thing it needs to do is convince Apple.

If Apple agrees to work with Microsoft, the software giant could add soon add support for very popular apps like iMessage.

“Apple does make it a tad harder for messages, but we’re very willing to work with Apple,” Microsoft’s Shilpa Ranganathan said.

“I want to do this in a supported way with a respect for the ecosystem we’re building on and at the same time make it a delightful experience. Messages is one where we’re not currently where we need to be compared to Android, but we need to work with Apple,” she added.

It’s not yet clear if and when Microsoft and Apple will work together to bring iPhone functionalities to Windows 10’s Your Phone app. Surprisingly, Microsoft hasn’t yet approached Cupertino-based tech giant but it might happen soon. It’s likely that Apple would eventually agree to the collaboration as it could help the iPhone customers who use a Windows 10-powered computer.

Apple recently worked with Microsoft to launch the Windows 10 version of iTunes, and it’s likely that a similar collaboration could happen again. Needless to say, the iPhone and Windows 10 integration would eventually help both tech giants grow the user base of their respective operating systems.

The post Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone

1. Microsoft aims to work with Apple to sync Windows 10 and iPhone - Similar Threads - Microsoft aims Apple

2. Can I sync my computer to my Apple Iphone 14+?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sync my computer to my Apple Iphone 14+?: I just have a simple question. Can I sync my computer with my Apple iPhone14+? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sync-my-computer-to-my-apple-iphone-14/240121c5-4ae9-4f86-989a-cd3c4feafdf8
  3. Can I sync my computer to my Apple Iphone 14+?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I sync my computer to my Apple Iphone 14+?: I just have a simple question. Can I sync my computer with my Apple iPhone14+? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sync-my-computer-to-my-apple-iphone-14/240121c5-4ae9-4f86-989a-cd3c4feafdf8
  4. Sync Iphone

Sync Iphone: I need help with "sync my iPhone. My Windows account is not recognizing my email address because my daughter used another email years ago to switch info on my new phones. I went and added a new personal one that works. But when I go to select sync devices it still does not...
  5. Sync Iphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Iphone: I need help with "sync my iPhone. My Windows account is not recognizing my email address because my daughter used another email years ago to switch info on my new phones. I went and added a new personal one that works. But when I go to select sync devices it still does not...
  6. Sync Iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Apple iPhone Drivers Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple iPhone Drivers Windows 10 PC: Please help me. When I connect my iPhone 6 running the latest update to my laptop also running the latest windows update, I open the iTunes app downloaded from the Microsoft Store, but I do not see my phone on the top bar. In fact, my phone won't even charge when connected to...
  8. How to Sync iphone with Windows 10.

How to Sync iphone with Windows 10.: I just installed Windows 10 and see that there is an app called photos that allows me to import photos from my iPhone 8. I want to be able to import from my iPhone, make albums on my PC and organize the albums and then export the albums back to my iPhone from my PC and...
  9. Apple iCloud.exe not opening, syncing or working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Apple iCloud.exe not opening, syncing or working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Apple iCloud.exe is a file type, generally found to be associated with the iCloud app developed by Apple Computer, Inc. for the Windows OS. It contains step-by-step instructions that a system can use to execute a task. So, when you [...] This post Apple iCloud.exe...
  10. iphone/apple problems

iphone/apple problems: If I click "MobileMe" in control panel I get 4 error messages in a row, saying procedure entry points cannot be located in the dynamic link library. What does this mean? I'm also having problems with opening my iphone in windows explorer. Even with itunes running. I...