Windows 10: Microsoft alert. "Right PC excperts" ook over and done some changes to my computer

Discus and support Microsoft alert. "Right PC excperts" ook over and done some changes to my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My other laptop showed a me an alert by Microsoft that here is people trying to hack me and getting info from my computer. I am not very computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by #drbarry), Mar 13, 2019.

1. #drbarry) Win User

Microsoft alert. "Right PC excperts" ook over and done some changes to my computer

My other laptop showed a me an alert by Microsoft that here is people trying to hack me and getting info from my computer. I am not very computer literate and they went ahead, took over my control and "fixed it", Had to pay $799 USD. Luckily my bank picked it up and di not allow this payment. Their address is Tampa, Florida, 33611, USA. Tel 1855 551 766, 1844 942 6261 , 0000000000, They were busy on my computer for quite while and then asked me to call my bank to order ta one time payment. They called me 3 times today. Are they a legitimate company/partner/delegate connected to Microsoft?

Thank you for coming back to me? I am too scared to use that lap top of mine now. this all happened yesterday afternoon

:)

#drbarry), Mar 13, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Mar 13, 2019
  4. magibeg Win User

Microsoft alert. "Right PC excperts" ook over and done some changes to my computer

Microsoft changes WGA software in response to consumer backlash

You guys cant hate microsoft all the time, you have to give them credit that they did bring the PC to the masses (although it is just a stolen version of some old mac OS that wasn't patented). Its good to see that Microsoft can infact listen to consumers occasionally, though it was most likely big business that made the change as opposed to people like us. I'ld say the change is a step in the right direction.

magibeg, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft alert. "Right PC excperts" ook over and done some changes to my computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft alert Right

2. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  3. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  4. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. having problems with my computer someone needs to take over my computer and make it right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    having problems with my computer someone needs to take over my computer and make it right: having problems with my compuer for weeks already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-with-my-computer-someone-needs-to/9fb23693-8483-4b2c-8d3c-a68440dd4123
  6. Virus alert on my PC

Virus alert on my PC: Asking for my user name and password. Says call Microsoft support at 1-833-632-0017, Is this a legitimate number for Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-alert-on-my-pc/f1844001-30f4-4420-aa9d-64f07e014388"
  7. Please help. I have done this over and over and this happens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help. I have done this over and over and this happens: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Scott-Watson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eit8vq/please_help_i_have_done_this_over_and_over_and/
  8. Some one got into my computer today and took it over.

Some one got into my computer today and took it over.: He told me his name was David Rhoden Ex.303 and he was with Microsoft. Phone #888-892-3777. He was in with Microsoft and I had a virus. He had total control? He told I needed virus protection.. It will cost me $199.00 to fix it. I ok it and he started going through...
  9. Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even...: 1. Windows 10 Updates occurring in the middle of the day (jamming my computer when I am actually using it for work) - despite a setting blocking (I thought) looking for updates during normal business hours 2. Launching Word on Startup - when NOTHING should be opened...
  10. done with my pc downdload

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    done with my pc downdload: what to now if im downloading anything or upgrading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/done-with-my-pc-downdload/1903b2d7-4f30-480f-8049-162b0a5c2cf6