Windows 10: Microsoft All-in-one media keyboard lag and or disconnect at random

Discus and support Microsoft All-in-one media keyboard lag and or disconnect at random in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently bought this wireless keyboard to go along with my new HTPC I've built. I've got all the drivers loaded and I have no outstanding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillNeely2, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Microsoft All-in-one media keyboard lag and or disconnect at random

I have recently bought this wireless keyboard to go along with my new HTPC I've built.

I've got all the drivers loaded and I have no outstanding issues with my wired keyboard and mouse. However this wireless keyboard/trackpad combo seems to start lagging or it will simply stop working. The odd issue with this is that if I get up and cross the room to tap one of the wired devices the wireless starts working again without lag or as if it had never stopped. I thought it was a simple issue of power management and I turned off the power management for all USB hubs but that did not stop the issue.

I am running Win10-Home 1803 and I see that the USB 3.1 device is using a Microsoft driver. I've been unable to locate a 3.1 driver from the board maker so I assume that it is all that is available.

Computer specs

Ryzen 3 2200G

Gigabyte A320M-S2H

8gb DDR4

Windows 10 Home 1803

:)

BillNeely2, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Keyboard lag at random

Hello,

I request you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

If you still have the issue, install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and
    try installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select the operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with
    this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 20, 2018
  4. borgus Win User

Microsoft All-in-one media keyboard lag and or disconnect at random

BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

Update, as of 12/5/15

After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the app is actually running, it is listed under APPS, not background processes. Then at random times, often after a sleep cycle or at boot, it will spontaneously appear as a background process - Calculator, Store and possibly others.

Speculated causes of this annoyance are discussed in this article and its embedded links... https://superuser.com/questions/426947/slow-windows-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/957210#957210 where "Helen" posted a workaround...

Disable SUPERFETCH. Click START, type "services", <enter>, double-click on SUPERFETCH. Stop it. Disable it.

No performance hit has been noted by doing so, and shortcuts launched via keyboard no longer lag. Fingers crossed.

borgus, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft All-in-one media keyboard lag and or disconnect at random

1. Microsoft All-in-one media keyboard lag and or disconnect at random - Similar Threads - Microsoft media keyboard

2. All in one media keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All in one media keyboard not working: I have an all in one media keyboard I'm trying to connect. I have downloaded the 64 bit software for windows 11 from the microsoft site and the device is recognised in the keyboard and mouse centre, however the buttons/trackpad don't work. The device has fresh batteries and I...
  3. All in one media keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All in one media keyboard not working: I have an all in one media keyboard I'm trying to connect. I have downloaded the 64 bit software for windows 11 from the microsoft site and the device is recognised in the keyboard and mouse centre, however the buttons/trackpad don't work. The device has fresh batteries and I...
  4. Microsoft All-In-One Wireless Media Keyboard - help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft All-In-One Wireless Media Keyboard - help please: Hello, Does anyone know how to turn it on and off please or does it just hibernate to save battery power? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-all-in-one-wireless-media-keyboard-help/c1a1c373-cea0-4efb-aa9b-bb89169200ab
  5. Macros and the Microsoft Media All In One Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macros and the Microsoft Media All In One Keyboard: I have this keyboard, and in different places, it is implied macros can be assigned to at least four keys. In the latest Microsoft Mouse & KB center it even suggests sharing macros. There is nothing in the settings though, and the article mentioned in basically the same...
  6. Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard not working on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard not working on Windows 10?: Hi, Can anyone help with this? Thanks. Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815) I've recently bought the Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard and was told the guy couldn't getting it working on Windows 10 but it worked on Windows 8.1 fine. However, there are YouTube...
  7. Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard not working on Windows 10?

Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard not working on Windows 10?: Hi, Can anyone help with this? Thanks. Windows 10 version: 1909 Build: 18363.815 I've recently bought the Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard and was told the guy couldn't getting it working on Windows 10 but it worked on Windows 8.1 fine. However, there are YouTube...
  8. Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard - Gesture issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard - Gesture issues: Hi, I recently acquired a Microsoft All-In-One Keyboard and according to the Quick Start Guide present on https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/all-in-one-media-keyboard page, some of the gestures don't work and I wonder why. These are : Swipe from left edge...
  9. Microsoft 1632 All-in-One Media Keyboard Connection Problem

Microsoft 1632 All-in-One Media Keyboard Connection Problem: Hi there, wish you a great week! I have a little problem about my keyboard. About a year ago, my friend gave me a 1632 keyboard and dongle and as i am using a gaming keyboard, i have never used that before. Today I have tried to connect it on a computer i have just...
  10. change languabe by wireless microsoft keyboard all-in-one media

change languabe by wireless microsoft keyboard all-in-one media: Hallo, I have troulbe changing between languages by my wireless microsoft keyboard all-in-one media, shift + alt does not seem to work. Can anyone help? Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft keyboard all in one lag

2. microsoft all-in-one media keyboard lag

3. microsoft all-in-one keyboard issues

4. microsoft all in one media keyboard signal lag