Windows 10: Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open

Discus and support Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey, this is my first time asking in this forum and I have this problem. Microsoft Store is not listed in the Apps & Features on Settings so when I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AgustinusDennis, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open

Hey, this is my first time asking in this forum and I have this problem. Microsoft Store is not listed in the Apps & Features on Settings so when I open App settings, Settings just closes itself itself but all the default apps like Camera, Calendar, Alarms & Clock, 3D Viewer is listed in Apps & Features and they have 0 bytes when I check their specifications. So I can't open Microsoft Store and all the default apps. I tried uninstalling Microsoft Store using Power Shell but It's still there on the start menu, It just won't uninstall. I don't know what to do. I've gone through all the possible solutions there are, including resetting and terminating, running the troubleshooter on the Microsoft Store Apps but none of them worked. I inserted some screenshots down below.

Alarms & Clock

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open be75ff95-d76d-4d81-82a0-cf7a5a765727?upload=true.png

Calculator

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open 9f3bde1c-41de-4130-976c-e14c2f4a539a?upload=true.png

Camera

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open 6a6f4881-0bad-43f3-b538-fa54340fedd6?upload=true.png

Cortana

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open f7e05213-a2b5-406e-b83e-f55023dccd13?upload=true.png

Groove Music

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open fd7969a5-ae29-4cb9-855c-0eb4d3f94f99?upload=true.png

Paint 3D

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open 8c30d612-4917-4535-a3cb-4a0bad0a5231?upload=true.png

Photos
    Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open 0e699752-4bad-4fe3-927f-f01cbe4cee7d?upload=true.png

And all the other Default Apps, like 3D Viewers, Mail and Calendar, Maps, Movies & TV, Voice Recorder, etc.

:)

AgustinusDennis, Apr 10, 2021

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 10, 2021
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open

1. Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open - Similar Threads - Microsoft default Apps

2. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft apps won't open.: Hi there, I was attempting to open the windows mail app but when I try to open it it flashes on the taskbar like it is going to open but then immediately closes. I was attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to fix the problem when I discovered that the microsoft store has...
  3. Windows 10 default apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default apps won't open: I tried to open up a photo last night and i got an error saying that photos weren't available. Tired another picture on a different drive and got the same issue. Went to try and reinstall photos from the microsoft store but it wouldn't open and dissapeared from my taskbar....
  4. Windows 10 default apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default apps won't open: I tried to open up a photo last night and i got an error saying that photos weren't available. Tired another picture on a different drive and got the same issue. Went to try and reinstall photos from the microsoft store but it wouldn't open and dissapeared from my taskbar....
  5. Windows 10 default apps won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Apps Won't Open at All

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Won't Open at All: The apps are available in the taskbar but will not open on the computer screen. The screen is stuck on the desktop screen and it's only showing the wallpaper, no apps on the desktop screen. I am able to open task view and view my files, but that's it and I can do the windows...
  7. Default Microsoft apps won't install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Microsoft apps won't install.: Hello so I've been getting this problem after I've attempted to fix the right click issue from my old profile which never got fixed and deleted the profile and decided to go to the main one, however the main profile has some of the default apps somewhat "uninstalled" and is...
  8. Default windows apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default windows apps won't open: Hello, I recently did a soft reset on my desktop to keep my files and after I was unable to open the Microsoft store, Xbox app, calendar, calculator and other default apps. The apps become grayed out with a black bar below them. I've tried multiple terminal commands to reset...
  9. My default apps won't open???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My default apps won't open???: Okay so i tried to open my Mail but it said "explorer.exe Class not registered" and so i thought there was a bugs i tried to troubleshoot my computer (i'm running windows 10) so it can fix bugs nut my settings wont open either! i thought maybe it had to do with internet...
  10. all default apps not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    all default apps not opening: None of my default apps will open: start, cortana, settings, mail, notifications, etc. Rebooting does not help. Cannot access settings to run Windows Update. Solutions? Everything worked fine yesterday....