Windows 10: Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems

Discus and support Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I stop Windows from interfering with my saved passwords in Chrome, because it is unnecessary, not any of Windows' business and I am in Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ruth1953, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Ruth1953 Win User

Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems

How do I stop Windows from interfering with my saved passwords in Chrome, because it is unnecessary, not any of Windows' business and I am in Google Chrome settings and that is not a Microsoft program? I have my saved passwords in Chrome because I check to make sure I'm using the correct on is it's a website I don't use on a regular basis. No I'm not able to check because I get: Google Chrome is trying to edit, or shows passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this! Google isn't doing anything! It's the owner of a home computer trying to use my property the way I want to. Ca

:)

Ruth1953, Aug 16, 2022

2. Google Chrome not accepting Microsoft password

I use Windows 8.1 and I allow Google Chrome to save website passwords. When I want to view a password, I go to Google Chrome Settings and under Autofill I click on Passwords. I see the list of saved websites and the hidden saved passwords and I click on
    the "eye" (Show password) so that I can see the password. This action results in a box called Windows Security with 2 boxes, one for User name and the other for Password. I enter my User name and the last password I had for Microsoft. My attempt is rejected.
    I scan the list of websites and there's no entry for Microsoft. I go to Microsoft and get MS to send me a code # for a new password. I have to do this a few times and each time Google gives me a prompt to remember my password but when I check Microsoft is
    not stored. Fortunately, a short while back I exposed all of my passwords and took screen shots of the 5 pages so I can see my passwords. But now I can't see my passwords because the Settings/Passwords does not include the Microsoft website no matter what
    I do. Is this problem correctable? If yes, please either supply me with easy to follow instructions or a website with instructions. Thanks to all who will help me. Edward

EdwardLopez, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Chrome option to save passwords greyed out

A colleague of mine is having issues with Google Chrome. The option to have Chrome save passwords is not available, the tick box and label are both greyed out. Chrome was previously saving the passwords, the problem has occurred in the last couple of weeks. The problem didn't occur when the PC was upgraded to Windows 10.

Google Chrome version 46.0.2490.71 m

Windows 10

From my research online (both via Google and this question here) I have thus far:

• Reset the synchronisation with my colleague's Google account.
    • Ensured Auto-fill is enabled.
    • Ensured local Cookies are allowed.

I have also checked that the registry keys for Google Chrome in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome don't have the ability to save the password explicitly denied. The policy to allow Google to save passwords was not enabled there, but attempting to create the relevant keys has failed to resolve the issue (as I expected from my research in the Google products forum where I discovered that potential problem).

The registry solution is also proposed in this question, however this seems to affect an earlier version of Chrome/Windows, I have tried creating the specified keys - however searching the registry on another machine with the same Windows/Chrome versions doesn't show any results to match the PasswordManagerEnabled value anywhere.

I am aware that uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome usually fails to reset these settings. I know it's possible to entirely remove all traces of a former installation of Google Chrome before reinstalling, this is something I don't want to have to go through unnecessarily as everything I have read on this problem implies that doing so will not resolve this problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem recently and found a working solution?

//Edit
    I have since posting this question;

• Reinstalled Chrome using the software in this
      question
    • Unsynched Chrome from my colleague's Google account.
    • Resynched Chrome with my colleague's Google account.
    • Checked through every option in the Google account section on
      devices.
    • Updated the Google account to require a passphrase (just in case).

All, thus far, to no avail.

//Edit - Further update

Installed Canary on the same PC, same issue with that. I am lead to believe that it may be an issue with Windows and not Chrome.

GeoffAtkins, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems

1. Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft saved passwords

2. Disable PIN Requirement for Chrome Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable PIN Requirement for Chrome Saved Passwords: Hello,I would like to disable the requirement to have to enter my PIN to view saved passwords on Chrome. This is my home desktop so I do not need this security feature. Is there any way to turn the feature off?Thanks!...
  3. Disable PIN Requirement for Chrome Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable PIN Requirement for Chrome Saved Passwords: Hello,I would like to disable the requirement to have to enter my PIN to view saved passwords on Chrome. This is my home desktop so I do not need this security feature. Is there any way to turn the feature off?Thanks!...
  4. Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems: How do I stop Windows from interfering with my saved passwords in Chrome, because it is unnecessary, not any of Windows' business and I am in Google Chrome settings and that is not a Microsoft program? I have my saved passwords in Chrome because I check to make sure I'm using...
  5. Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft and my saved passwords in Chrome & codes needed to search for solutions to problems: How do I stop Windows from interfering with my saved passwords in Chrome, because it is unnecessary, not any of Windows' business and I am in Google Chrome settings and that is not a Microsoft program? I have my saved passwords in Chrome because I check to make sure I'm using...
  6. Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files: Hi, I have an issue in Microsoft Explorer. In Quick Access I save frequently used search queries under "saved searches". The saved searches works without problem e.g. it displays a series of pdf-files in a series of folders ranked by of creation, but when I click on each...
  7. Saving Microsoft Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving Microsoft Password: I am continually being asked to enter my Microsoft password. It is not saved in my passwords. How do I make this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-microsoft-password/d0777a31-0465-4047-871a-6ef8b530d7fe
  8. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it doesn’t save passwords. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry, it’s common – and we have the solution for [...] This post...
  9. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome: How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site....
  10. Search and Save Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Search and Save Problems: I'm not tech savvy nor do I pretend to understand much of the content in this forum; however, I'm trying really hard to like Windows 10 (Edge) and think I'm missing something. I came from Win7 and have spent the last three days using Windows 10. I do a lot of research and...