Windows 10: microsoft and origin

Discus and support microsoft and origin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my issue is that I have origin and went to update it and it says I need to update windows but its already updated so what do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lona3, May 22, 2020.

1. lona3 Win User

microsoft and origin

my issue is that I have origin and went to update it and it says I need to update windows but its already updated so what do I do?

:)

lona3, May 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 22, 2020
  3. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 22, 2020
  4. microsoft and origin

reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, May 22, 2020
Thema:

microsoft and origin

1. microsoft and origin - Similar Threads - microsoft origin

2. My account was deleted off of my original microsoft account and now I can't recover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account was deleted off of my original microsoft account and now I can't recover it: This is an issue that has happened to someone else before but now it's happened to me. Someone requested for me to help them with a "bullying issue" which I ignorantly fell for and ended up getting caught in a scam. Now, the scammers have deleted my email the one I'm...
  3. My account was deleted off of my original microsoft account and now I can't recover it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account was deleted off of my original microsoft account and now I can't recover it: This is an issue that has happened to someone else before but now it's happened to me. Someone requested for me to help them with a "bullying issue" which I ignorantly fell for and ended up getting caught in a scam. Now, the scammers have deleted my email the one I'm...
  4. My account was deleted off of my original microsoft account and now I can't recover it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I disabled microsoft services in boot mode and can’t get back to original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled microsoft services in boot mode and can’t get back to original: Since I’ve done this, everytime I sign in I’m met with a black page, and then the only thing that shows up is command prompt. How do I get back to a normal screen?...
  6. I disabled microsoft services in boot mode and can’t get back to original

I disabled microsoft services in boot mode and can’t get back to original: Since I’ve done this, everytime I sign in I’m met with a black page, and then the only thing that shows up is command prompt. How do I get back to a normal screen?...
  7. Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?: I bought a second hand laptop. I did a factory reset and it says windows is activated and the product key is linked to your Microsoft account. But as I bought it second hand, will it actually be linked to my account or the previous owners account? Thanks!...
  8. Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?: I bought a second hand laptop. I did a factory reset and it says windows is activated and the product key is linked to your Microsoft account. But as I bought it second hand, will it actually be linked to my account or the previous owners account? Thanks!...
  9. Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?

10. My microsoft account was token logged, I have lost my original email and the hackers have...

My microsoft account was token logged, I have lost my original email and the hackers have...: I was playing Minecraft and was told to join a server, I did and was later kicked out of minecraft and was told by my email that my account password had been changed, My security information was all deleted in maybe 2 minutes. I have no way of entering any data regarding my...