Windows 10: Microsoft and Photoshop

Discus and support Microsoft and Photoshop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why will Microsoft not allow me to set Photoshop as default app for a png file? With my old system--also Windows 10--it was not a problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RandyD96, Apr 6, 2021.

1. RandyD96 Win User

Microsoft and Photoshop

Why will Microsoft not allow me to set Photoshop as default app for a png file? With my old system--also Windows 10--it was not a problem.

:)

RandyD96, Apr 6, 2021

2. How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Photoshop 5 worked a couple times in Windows 10

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand how it feels when things doesn't work as expected.

Method 1: I suggest you to reinstalling Adobe Photoshop 5 and check if it helps.

Method 2: If the issues persists, try to reinstall Adobe Photoshop in compatibility mode and check if it helps. This might have caused due to any compatibility issues.

Follow these steps for installing Photoshop in compatibility mode.

• Place the applications installation file on the Desktop.
    • Right Click the applications installation file and select
      Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options from the list in the following image.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan M K, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Microsoft and Photoshop

Windows 10, Cannot 0pen saved Photoshop Elements 12 files.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the default program to open the saved Photoshop files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the file and select Open With.
    • Select the default program from the list.
    • If Photoshop is not available, then click on browse and select the correct default program from the Program files.
    • Click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft and Photoshop

1. Microsoft and Photoshop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photoshop

2. Buyed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Buyed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 from Microsoft Store: uyed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 from Microsoft Store - how to find Adobe serial number of product, to register it to adobe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buyed-adobe-photoshop-elements-2021-from-microsoft/a0b6c62e-bd05-4576-bfa5-27ac092e5cc8
  3. Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update: I received a message from Microsoft for a periodic update to my system Windows 10. Now I can no longer launch my Photoshop application. I receive the following error message: "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable."...
  4. Microsoft 10 version 1511 and photoshop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 10 version 1511 and photoshop: Hi, I was wondering of there's any way to upgrade/downgrade my version of windows to make it compatible with the latest creative suite. See attached image.[ATTACH]...
  5. Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop: I have Windows 10 version 10.0 Build 18363 and Photoshop CC 2020. I have been a Photoshop user since Photoshop 4 in 1996 and a Windows user even longer. I just recently d/l Photoshop CC and this is the first time I am unable to associate jpegs with Photoshop for images not...
  6. Missing Microsoft folders that allow opening Photoshop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Microsoft folders that allow opening Photoshop.: Adobe Photoshop will not open because VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll for Microsoft Windows are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-microsoft-folders-that-allow-opening/32aeddaf-740f-4aaa-8b03-4a4ceeb1578d
  7. Why does Microsoft Security Update KB4523205 causes my CS4 Photoshop to stop working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft Security Update KB4523205 causes my CS4 Photoshop to stop working?: Why does Microsoft Security Update KB4523205 causes my CS4 Photoshop to stop working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-security-update-kb4523205/4441a017-ab4d-44e4-81e3-d78efa16e8f0
  8. Improve Scrolling with the Microsoft Arc Mouse in Photoshop (Illustrator etc.)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Improve Scrolling with the Microsoft Arc Mouse in Photoshop (Illustrator etc.): I have seen quite a few post where people are having issues with the Microsoft Arc Mouse in Photoshop and other Adobe programs. THIS RESOLVED MY ISSUE: Go to Mouse Settings Make Sure "Multiple Lines at a time" is selected Here's the fix. By default it's 3 or 4...
  9. Windows 10 April 2018 Update and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2015 purchased from Microsoft Store

Windows 10 April 2018 Update and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2015 purchased from Microsoft Store: I had purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 2015 from Microsoft Store in the year 2015. It was working fine through every update Windows 10 launched before April 2018 update. Ever since I updated to this latest version PSE 2015 is not working. It either says "there is not enough...
  10. Microsoft Photos or any photo editor besides Photoshop

Microsoft Photos or any photo editor besides Photoshop: I can't get Microsoft Photos to open to view photos , I even tried to download the photo editor for windows 10 it does the same thing and won't open , now photoshop will open which is nice , but I also like to have the Microsoft photo to work to . Any Ideas what to do ?...