Windows 10: Microsoft and Photoshop

Discus and support Microsoft and Photoshop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why will Microsoft not allow me to set Photoshop as default app for a png file? With my old system--also Windows 10--it was not a problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RandyD96, Apr 6, 2021.

1. RandyD96 Win User

Microsoft and Photoshop

Why will Microsoft not allow me to set Photoshop as default app for a png file? With my old system--also Windows 10--it was not a problem.

:)

RandyD96, Apr 6, 2021

2. How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Photoshop 5 worked a couple times in Windows 10

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand how it feels when things doesn't work as expected.

Method 1: I suggest you to reinstalling Adobe Photoshop 5 and check if it helps.

Method 2: If the issues persists, try to reinstall Adobe Photoshop in compatibility mode and check if it helps. This might have caused due to any compatibility issues.

Follow these steps for installing Photoshop in compatibility mode.

• Place the applications installation file on the Desktop.
    • Right Click the applications installation file and select
      Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options from the list in the following image.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan M K, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Microsoft and Photoshop

Windows 10, Cannot 0pen saved Photoshop Elements 12 files.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the default program to open the saved Photoshop files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the file and select Open With.
    • Select the default program from the list.
    • If Photoshop is not available, then click on browse and select the correct default program from the Program files.
    • Click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft and Photoshop

1. Microsoft and Photoshop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photoshop

2. Microsoft Store is saying that I have Photoshop installed when I do not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is saying that I have Photoshop installed when I do not.: So I went to install Photoshop from the Microsoft Store. But once I got to the page it tells me that it is installed already. I went to my apps lists and PS is not installed. I have tried to reset the Store but it still tells me that it is installed. How can I fix this? I do...
  3. Microsoft Store is saying that I have Photoshop installed when I do not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is saying that I have Photoshop installed when I do not.: So I went to install Photoshop from the Microsoft Store. But once I got to the page it tells me that it is installed already. I went to my apps lists and PS is not installed. I have tried to reset the Store but it still tells me that it is installed. How can I fix this? I do...
  4. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop: Currently when using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature with Photoshop, the document is added to a print queue instead of allowing you to select where to save the file. Have tried Re-installing Photoshop without saving user preferences, disabling and re-enabling the feature,...
  5. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop: Currently when using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature with Photoshop, the document is added to a print queue instead of allowing you to select where to save the file. Have tried Re-installing Photoshop without saving user preferences, disabling and re-enabling the feature,...
  6. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 from the Microsoft store. How do I find or get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 from the Microsoft store. How do I find or get the...: I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 from the Microsoft store. How do I find, or get the Serial Number to register it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-adobe-photoshop-elements-2024-from-the/c9d52501-f36f-4341-a4dc-245360fbb28b
  8. I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 from the Microsoft store. How do I find or get the...

I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 from the Microsoft store. How do I find or get the...: I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 from the Microsoft store. How do I find, or get the Serial Number to register it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-adobe-photoshop-elements-2024-from-the/c9d52501-f36f-4341-a4dc-245360fbb28b
  9. Microsoft Store - Serial number Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - Serial number Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022: I have bought, downloaded and installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 from Microsoft Store Win 11 version. To get support from Adobe, they require a serial number. Where do I find the serial number for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022?...
  10. Microsoft Store - Serial number Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022

Microsoft Store - Serial number Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022: I have bought, downloaded and installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 from Microsoft Store Win 11 version. To get support from Adobe, they require a serial number. Where do I find the serial number for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022?...