Windows 10: Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage

Discus and support Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Researchers from Microsoft and the University of Washington have demonstrated the first fully automated system to store and retrieve data in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage

To store data in DNA, algorithms convert the 1s and 0s in digital data to ACTG sequences in DNA. Microsoft and University of Washington researchers stored and retrieved the word “hello” using the first fully automated system for DNA storage.

The researchers have also developed techniques to perform meaningful computation — like searching for and retrieving only images that contain an apple or a green bicycle — using the molecules themselves and without having to convert the files back into a digital format.

“We are definitely seeing a new kind of computer system being born here where you are using molecules to store data and electronics for control and processing. Putting them together holds some really interesting possibilities for the future,” said UW Allen School professor Luis Ceze.

Unlike silicon-based computing systems, DNA-based storage and computing systems have to use liquids to move molecules around. But fluids are inherently different than electrons and require entirely new engineering solutions.

The UW team, in collaboration with Microsoft, is also developing a programmable system that automates lab experiments by harnessing the properties of electricity and water to move droplets around on a grid of electrodes. The full stack of software and hardware, nicknamed “Puddle” and “PurpleDrop,” can mix, separate, heat or cool different liquids and run lab protocols.

The goal is to automate lab experiments that are currently being done by hand or by expensive liquid handling robots — but for a fraction of the cost.

Next steps for the MISL team include integrating the simple end-to-end automated system with technologies such as PurpleDrop and those that enable searching with DNA molecules. The researchers specifically designed the automated system to be modular, allowing it to evolve as new technologies emerge for synthesizing, sequencing or working with DNA.

“What’s great about this system is that if we wanted to replace one of the parts with something new or better or faster, we can just plug that in,” Nguyen said. “It gives us a lot of flexibility for the future.”

:)

Brink, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research

Read more: Microsoft is buying another 10 million strands of DNA for storage research | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Why the future of storage is all about DNA

Read more: From digital to biological: Why the future of storage is all about DNA | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage

DNA ad unlocker

Are you sure it's called DNA ad unlocker and not DNS Unlocker? If the latter......................

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-dns-unlocker-removal/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage

1. Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage - Similar Threads - Microsoft demonstrate fully

2. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  3. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  4. "Microsoft Power Automate" added to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft Power Automate" added to Microsoft Edge: An uninvited pop-up appeared for the second time asking to either "Turn on extension" or "Remove extension".What "another program" could have added the extension?Power Automate is not enabled;...
  5. Automating Microsoft Paint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automating Microsoft Paint: So I've made a program that I give it a photo and a colour palette and it then re-draws that photo in Microsoft Paint, the program does not decompile change or alter Microsoft Paint in anyway. the program just moves the mouse around the screen in such a way to draw the photo....
  6. ''we kunnen uw wijzigingen niet uploaden of downloaden omdat uw referenties in cache zijn...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ''we kunnen uw wijzigingen niet uploaden of downloaden omdat uw referenties in cache zijn...: Hi, I randomly keep on getting the above mentioned error message see subject line when trying to sync my Excel and/or Word update to my OneDrive. Sometime it works for a few hours but after restarting the same problem reoccurs. When choosing the button: aanmelden.. The...
  7. Automated storage tiering software for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automated storage tiering software for Windows 10: I'm looking for an automated storage tiering (similar to the way in which Apple's Fusion Drive works) software for Windows 10, that works good on NVMe drives (I read that some programs does not work well with NVMe drives). My set up is 64GB NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD, Windows is...
  8. App data storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App data storage: Where are the data files stored for the desktop calendar, people and to-do apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-data-storage/b28912f9-5804-4b52-a82d-14f21671d318"
  9. Why the future of storage is all about DNA

in Windows 10 News
    Why the future of storage is all about DNA: DNA is so flexible that it can be used to create everything from an amoeba to a human, a dinosaur to a dandelion. And it's so small that the DNA needed to create all these life forms can be fitted into a single cell just micrometers large. And while DNA has existed for...
  10. Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research: DNA storage could allow vast amounts of data to be stored for thousands of years. Microsoft is buying another ten million strands of DNA to use as part of research into new ways of storing digital data. The long-chain oligonucleotide strands of DNA will be used by...