Windows 10: Microsoft announces Backup of Windows 10 machines using Azure Backup

Discus and support Microsoft announces Backup of Windows 10 machines using Azure Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 client machines can now be backed up seamlessly to cloud by Azure Backup service. Customers with machines running Windows 10 (64-bit)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by FrozenCursor, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Microsoft announces Backup of Windows 10 machines using Azure Backup

Windows 10 client machines can now be backed up seamlessly to cloud by Azure Backup service. Customers with machines running Windows 10 (64-bit) operating systems can protect their important file-folder data to Azure in a secure manner and restore data on any machine.

https://azure.microsoft.com/blog/201...-azure-backup/

I am not sure if this 'backup in the cloud' is as easy to use as File History. Furthermore, I am not sure how much the smallest 'backup vault' of 50GB would cost per month. If it is not too expensive, it would be nice to have an additional backup of the most important files.

Edit: Moreover, I wonder who offers competitive backup services in the cloud? Amazon? Who else?

:)

FrozenCursor, Aug 18, 2015
  2. SarahKong Win User

Windows 10 cloud bacup recovery

Sorry to hear that it was stolen.

Yes you will be able to restore your files from the cloud.

I am assuming you are using a Microsoft account with links to Onedrive.

On your new machine connect with your Microsoft account.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/for...

Once you do this then in File Explorer go to Onedrive and you should see your onedrive folders.

If you were using azure cloud then you will need to open a browser to azure (portal.azure,com) and go to your recovery vault and download the azure backup software. After you install it then you will need to register your new machine through the azure backup
    software and then you will be able to restore what you need.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-ca/blog/announci...

SarahKong, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Paul.Woz Win User
    Does Azure Backup MARSInstallerAgent On-prem support 32-Bit Windows?

According to Microsoft's official support matrix found here, it supports Windows 10 on both 64 bit and 32 bit. (second workload listed)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-mabs-protection-matrix

According to our testing with both physical, and virtual machines, the MARSIntallerAgent fails only on 32-bit Windows 10 Pro.

Can anyone confirm the support matrix is correct?

If so, why does the install fail on 32-bit?

We have checked the Event Viewer to rule out any errors. It runs just fine on all 64-bit Windows 10 Pro. The only differentiating factor is the 32-Bit OS.

Paul.Woz, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Microsoft announces Backup of Windows 10 machines using Azure Backup

if you have Amazon Prime you can upload an unlimited amount of photos and videos. If you pay $60 to Amazon you get unlimited storage of practically any other files. The Azure offering is $5/month plus storage costs. Either way you are paying $60 but Amazon seems to be the better deal.

Carbonite is between $50/yr/PC to $120/yr/PC unlimited storage.

No matter who you use, your looking at $60/yr.

To me the issue with cloud based backup is the speed. Most ISPs have a 2Mb to 5Mb upload speed which makes it painfully slow. I have over 500Gb of photos and it took days to backup my photos on Amazon. It was easier to purchase a NAS or SAN.

TurboCooler, Aug 18, 2015
  5. John035 Win User
    I think Crashplan is the best. It has good, useful backup features, 448-bit file encryption, storage for one computer costs about $4-$5 per month.

John035, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft announces Backup of Windows 10 machines using Azure Backup

1. Microsoft announces Backup of Windows 10 machines using Azure Backup - Similar Threads - Microsoft announces Backup

2. How use Backup in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How use Backup in Windows 10?: I asked this in the Italian Windows Questions Forum. A voluntary expert told me that is better use a third party software. So Windows 10 really doesn't have the backup working properly? There is no way to backup my files using Windows 10? How?Many thanks....
  3. Backup Windows 10 - backup not completing

Backup Windows 10 - backup not completing: I have a 2tb laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to create a system image and backup my important folders. I am using a Seagate 2tb external hard drive. I have several failed attempts at backing up because I receive a 'insufficient disk space' message. This is after...
  4. Using Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Windows Backup: I want to start using Windows Backup to backup my files to an external drive. When setting up a folder to backup, does it automatically backup the subfolders as well? Such as, if it is setup to backup c:/Users/<name>/Documents, will it also automatically backup...
  5. Restoring Backup to New Machine

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Backup to New Machine: Hello, I have small home based business and I have a computer that has all my software for accounting, orders etc. I paid a consultant good money to set and configure all that. He also said he put 2 drives that copy on each other so if one go bad, the other takes over. Have...
  6. backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.

backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.: When I make an incremental backup in windows 7 after a successful complete backup, windows 7 backup always tell mein red that my backup is incomplete. So, I always have to reformat my external drive and redo a new full backup each time I backup. What's the problem?...
  7. Microsoft Azure Backup

Microsoft Azure Backup: Hi, The dates in the 'last backup time' section of the Azure Backup Agent has reset to 01/01/2001 12:00:00, even though the backups have ran successfully the past few days. How can I change it back to actual time of the last backup time? Thanks, Wendy...
  8. Using Backup

Using Backup: When choosing a folder in*the 'Backup these folders' section in Windows Backup, does Windows backup the subfolders within the folder? James 85200
  9. Multiple Backup Sets Using Windows Backup

Multiple Backup Sets Using Windows Backup: I am using "Windows 7" Backup. This is not about "Create a System Image" feature or any third-party software. I noticed that my backup drive now has many "Backup Sets" under the <My Computer Name>. I think I understand that a "Backup Set" should contain a Full backup and...
  10. Size of backup file using Windows Backup

Size of backup file using Windows Backup: I have an HP a6547c desktop that has gone from Vista to Windows 8.1 and finally to Windows 10. Attached is a Western Digital 1TB external hard drive that was wiped clean. I started the Windows Backup program (worried at first when it said Backup Win 7) and after a number of...