Windows 10: Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1

Discus and support Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 comes with jump lists, a feature that can be accessed from the taskbar and it offers a convenient way to start your apps. For example, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1

Windows 10 comes with jump lists, a feature that can be accessed from the taskbar and it offers a convenient way to start your apps. For example, you can launch Microsoft Edge browser in incognito mode directly from the jump lists or you can access the frequently visited folders in File Explorer.

Jump lists are pop-up menus and it can be accessed by right-clicking on any program that has an icon in the taskbar. It allows you to view recent activities of a program and you can also use it access features of some apps. For example, right-clicking the Edge browser or Google Chrome icon brings up a quick list of your recently visited websites.

Windows 10 offers a lot of personalization options to change the appearance of the desktop and there are also customization options that are designed to change the look of certain elements such as Taskbar and Start.

Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1 Jump-lists-in-October-Update.jpg
    Jump lists in October 2018 Update

In Windows 10 October 2018 Update or older, you can allow taskbar to use the accent colour, but currently, there is no way to expand the accent colour to the jump lists.

Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1 Jump-lists-in-19H1.jpg

With Windows 10 April 2019 Update, Microsoft is updating the jump lists to make them appear more colourful. In Windows 10 version 1903, if you enable accent colour on the taskbar, both the taskbar and start jump lists will be accent-themed. There is also a touch of Fluent design.

To change accent colour of the Start, Taskbar and Jumps lists in Windows 10, navigate to Settings, click on Personalization, and then click on Colours. Pick an accent colour and turn on the option that would show colour on Start, taskbar, and action center quick actions.

According to Microsoft’s typical schedule, Windows 10 April 2019 Update (codenamed 19H1) will be released to the general public in April 2019.

The post Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1

Clicking item in jump list for Microsoft apps does nothing

Hello,

On my Windows 10 PC, at first jump lists worked as expected but for the last 2 weeks if I click any item in a jump list for a Microsoft app it does nothing. For example, if I use the jump list to go to a pinned folder in File Explorer absolutely nothing
    happens. The same occurs for Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. The strange thing is the jump list works as expected for Chrome.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can resolve this? I use jump lists all the time out of habit, so its very disruptive to my workflow having this behavior.

Thanks,

Derek

Derek H.work., Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1

1. Microsoft announces colourful jump lists support in Windows 10 19H1 - Similar Threads - Microsoft announces colourful

2. Jump list issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump list issue: I recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. On Windows 10, under on my task bar I had one file pinned to the excel jump list. However, after I upgraded, the files seems to be permanently in the jump list. When I click on it, I get the message “The item you have...
  3. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  4. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  5. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. JUMP Lists

JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  7. jump lists and timeline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jump lists and timeline: Since updating from Win10 v1803 to Win10 v1903 my apps no longer generate entries in either associated jumplists or in Windows timeline, this is most annoying as I work with word documents and either have to remember where they are saved and what they are named including...
  8. Jump lists IE

in Browsers and Email
    Jump lists IE: SInce updating to Win 1903 i notice the jump list on IE behaving a little odd, i have pinned and frequent sites in it. The favicons are random in behaviour as sometimes a few of them will be blank upon right click of IE in my start menu. But then i will try it again and...
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. jump list

jump list: hello people is there a hack or tweak out there that wil let me change the order of my pinned itmes in the jumplist you used to be able to drag them,,, but no more 92365