Windows 10: Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 ISOs for Slow Ring

Discus and support Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 ISOs for Slow Ring in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the latest Windows 10 ISOs in late July, when the company rolled out the RTM version, and despite the fact that the Insider program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 14, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 ISOs for Slow Ring

Source

:)

labeeman, Sep 14, 2015

2. How to install Windows 10 latest builds from ISO files without losing my genuine activation?

Builds of Windows 10 come up in two different rings:

• Fast Ring:No ISO's available, only available through WU.The latest fast ring build is 10586
    • Slow ring:Available both through WU and ISO.The latest slow ring build is 10565.
    The previous slow ring build was 10240 i.e. RTM build.

As you want only through ISO, sign up to the insider program.

Change your Windows update settings to slow ring in Settings app.

Registration Link

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 14, 2015
  3. do I still need to login using Microsoft Account details?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is not necessary that you need to login to Microsoft account to get the Windows updates.

But ensure to connect to an internet connection to get the updates.

When Microsoft released new build Windows 10, they announced a new slow and fast ring that allows you to determine how quickly you want to receive builds of Windows 10. The difference is that those in the 'fast' ring are willing to accept the
    faster builds knowing that there could be significant bugs or other issues that make the build unstable for being among the first with the new features.

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows10 products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Thanks, labeeman! Only thing I couldn't parse from that with certainty - if I'm NOT an insider, am I then on the slow ring and like other non-Insider users will have freedom to use new built ISO without having permanent activation impacted? Maybe just a terminolgy question.

Word Man, Sep 14, 2015
  5. GregH Win User
    No, I don't think so. My understanding is that both the fast and the slow ring are a part of the insider program. However, provided you have activated Win10, a future ISO release to the public should activate, even on a clean instal, provided your hardware has not changed significantly.

GregH, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    Very good news, thank you!

I am on build 10240 (slow ring), using it as my main OS. I'd love a clean installation!

Joanne, Sep 14, 2015
  7. You can do that by going to

Windows 10

and creating your own dvd or usb. Start the computer with the media and clean install to your heart's content. Do NOT enter any product key even if requested. Make the usual system backup first.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 15, 2015
  8. Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 ISOs for Slow Ring

Be careful doing a clean install if you have never done the free upgrade and activated Windows 10. It may not activate, Microsoft changed the rules after the Consumer release.

Getting started with new Windows 10 Insider Preview builds:

If you’re already a Windows Insider and have been running Windows 10 Insider Preview builds – there is nothing you need to do. You will automatically be upgraded or you can upgrade your build via Windows Update. If you want to get a Windows 10 Insider Preview build installed on a PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you should first upgrade to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer* available to qualified, genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 devices. From there, you can opt in to the Windows Insider Program via Settings app > Update & Security > Advanced options under “Get Insider builds”.

https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...w-build-10525/

alphanumeric, Sep 15, 2015
  9. The poster has already said, "I am on build 10240 (slow ring), using it as my main OS. I'd love a clean installation!"

Please read the thread, not just the opening post.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 15, 2015
  10. Yeah, OK. But if they never ever did an upgrade install from Windows 7 or 8.1, and then activated Windows 10. If they do a clean install now, Windows 10 will not activate. That's all I'm saying. If they are running 10240 on slow ring, they are running an insider build, watermark or no watermark. Oh, and I did read the whole thread.

11. Joanne Win User
    Hello *Smile

I'd like to clarify that I have already upgraded to Windows 10 on two (2) different motherboards, an ASUS and an ASRock. I first upgraded my Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home, and then my Win 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, which I am currently using as my main OS on the slow ring, and I prefer Pro due to the Group Policy Editor.

My wish for a new official ISO from Microsoft is due to the fact that it will contain the latest updates - hotfixes, IF I have understood correctly. So, it is not the same as performing a clean install with the already existing means. I hope I got it right.

Thank you *Smile

Joanne, Sep 15, 2015
  12. Microsoft does not make such "up-to-date" .iso files or physical media available. They never have.

If you want up-to-date media the last thing you would do is get it from Microsoft because the .iso files posted online are only the latest milestone builds. The July 29th release is such a milestone build. Microsoft does not update these dynamically as new updates are released on Windows Update. Nor does Microsoft provide the public with media with "rollups." Rollups are provided to OEMs so that the computers they manufacture are reasonably up-to-date and customers aren't immediately greeted by an hour of updates the very first time they turn the computer on.

So no matter what .iso file you download there will be updates on WU to apply that have been released since the milestone.

Microsoft is not manufacturing and stocking dvds for mailing to customers or for sale in the Store or retail outlets anymore.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 15, 2015
  13. Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 ISOs for Slow Ring

Ok, if you've upgraded and activated, a clean install should not be an issue. Just make sure to install the same version you got with the free upgrade. When prompted for a key, click skip. It should activate with no issues. I've done it myself. 10240 is the current build offered via the Media Creation Tool. It's the current consumer build. To get anything newer you have to accept insider builds. That's just the way it is. You won't get any newer ISO's until a big update is released or the consumer version is upgraded to a new build. As far as I know anyway.

14. I'm pretty sure you can buy Windows 10 DVD's as well as Windows 10 thumb drives at Newegg etc?

15. Not separately from the purchase of a copy of Windows. In any case, that is not what Joanne wants. She wants up-to-date media, meaning updated since release.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 ISOs for Slow Ring - Similar Threads - Microsoft Announces ISOs

2. Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?: Hi. will there be a new announcement coming soon that will enable at least those 6th and 7th gen processors to upgrade to windows 11 automatically? I'm using an i7 7700HQ intel processor and that is the only missing in windows 11 compatibility. The rest of the requirement is...
  3. Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?: Hi. will there be a new announcement coming soon that will enable at least those 6th and 7th gen processors to upgrade to windows 11 automatically? I'm using an i7 7700HQ intel processor and that is the only missing in windows 11 compatibility. The rest of the requirement is...
  4. Microsoft could soon announce “The New Windows”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could soon announce “The New Windows”: Microsoft is reportedly planning to announce a new version of Windows 10 and the company might consider marketing Windows 10X or the big Sun Valley upgrade as “the new Windows.” The release date is still uncertain, but the announcement or teaser is not expected until at least...
  5. Microsoft announces a new Office app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces a new Office app for Windows 10: Microsoft recently released a new Windows 10 Bild 18305 for Insiders enrolled in the Fast Ring with many new features. The changes included in this build are part of the Windows 10 19H1 update which is supposed to be released to the public in April 2019. The latest build...
  6. Microsoft announces new features for Windows 10’s Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces new features for Windows 10’s Cortana: Microsoft at Build 2018 announced a lot of tools to synchronize all your work between devices so that you can start from one device and resume from another. Windows Timeline is the best example to this. With Timeline, the user will be able to see all the tasks which he has...
  7. Build 10130 ISO available if pushed to slow ring?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10130 ISO available if pushed to slow ring?: Nevermind. Got my answer. Hi all. If Build 10130 is pushed to the slow ring, is it likely that MS will upload an official ISO at the Insider website? I see the previous build (10074) at the site -- I'm assuming that a build is worthy of an ISO if it makes it to the...
  8. Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 Build Ahead of RTM

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Announces New Windows 10 Build Ahead of RTM: Microsoft is struggling to finalize work on Windows 10 this week, and the company is now planning to release a new build for Windows insiders that would let them try out the latest improvements it made to the operating system before the big launch on July 29. Microsoft’s...
  9. Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...: Microsoft had originally stated that they planned to release Windows 10 build 9879 to 'slow ring' users possibly this week but that is no longer the case. Microsoft's head of the Windows Insider program, Gabe Aul, has stated that the release will not occur until next week....
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring: We have released Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile on Release Preview Ring which will bring the build number to 14393.222 for PC and 14393.221 for Mobile (KB3194496). This Cumulative Update contains the following fixes: Improved...