Windows 10: Microsoft announces Northwest Quantum Nexus for quantum computing

Discus and support Microsoft announces Northwest Quantum Nexus for quantum computing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Northwest is brimming with talented, dedicated people who can deliver quantum computing advances today and secure our quantum future for tomorrow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft announces Northwest Quantum Nexus for quantum computing

Source: Microsoft, University of Washington, and Pacific Northwest National Laboratory join to establish Northwest Quantum Nexus - Microsoft Quantum

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing the Microsoft Quantum Network

Source: Announcing the Microsoft Quantum Network - Microsoft Quantum

See also: Join the Microsoft Quantum Network

Brink, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit

Source: The future is quantum: Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit - The AI Blog

See also: Welcome to the Microsoft Quantum Development Kit Preview | Microsoft Docs

Brink, Mar 19, 2019
  4. waltc Win User

Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet

The phrase "quantum computing" is an oxymoron if ever I've heard one...Microsoft announces Northwest Quantum Nexus for quantum computing ;) It's the equivalent of using algebra/trigonometry to describe quantum mechanics...! Computers are 100% classical math, on-off binary. Quantum mechanics, aside from not being defined at all, is by definition *not* classical-math definable. Whenever I hear "quantum computing" I always get a chuckle. Basically, quantum mechanics = magic, more or less. "Spooky action", etc. Great stuff for raising capital, though--as investors love the sci-fi buzzwords.

waltc, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft announces Northwest Quantum Nexus for quantum computing - Similar Threads - Microsoft announces Northwest

2. JBL quantum 200

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JBL quantum 200: Hello, I have a question why can't the JBL quantumEngine find my JBL quantum 200?Is there a reason for this? And how should I solve this problem?Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jbl-quantum-200/1e7e7b9c-9150-4282-8356-f8d47c81c37d
  3. Microsoft Quantum proves shallow quantum circuits provide advantage

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Quantum proves shallow quantum circuits provide advantage: We know that Shor’s algorithm can factor integers on a quantum computer exponentially faster than any known classical algorithm, and that there are problems, such as the simulation of physical systems as posed by Richard Feynman in the 1980s, that quantum computers can solve...
  4. Announcing the Microsoft Quantum Network

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Microsoft Quantum Network: Creating a scalable quantum computer will require the collective effort of many skilled and diverse teams. To reach that goal, over the past few years we have built a coalition of partners, universities, customers, and developers, all with the goal of sharing knowledge and...
  5. Quantum Break stuck

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Quantum Break stuck: I tried to download Quantum Break but the game got stuck during the loading. I see that the disk usage is 0%. I don’t know what I really can do with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quantum-break-stuck/4a35a470-941d-4ec6-b4bf-5b4569fc7464"
  6. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  7. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum vs. Edge: Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user? 98655
  8. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  9. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  10. Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet: Microsoft is doubling down on its commitment to the tantalizing field of quantum computing, making a strong bet that it is possible to create a scalable quantum computer using what is called a topological qubit. Longtime Microsoft executive Todd Holmdahl – who has a...