Windows 10: Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially

Discus and support Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft announced the next feature update for its Windows 10 operating system, version 21H1, today officially on the Windows Experience blog. John... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 18, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially

Microsoft announced the next feature update for its Windows 10 operating system, version 21H1, today officially on the Windows Experience blog.

John Cable, Vice President, Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery, confirmed in the announcement that the next feature update will be very similar to the current one, Windows 10 version 20H2.

Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially windows-10-version-21h1-feature-update-announced.png

The update "will be delivered in an optimized way using servicing technology". Essentially, what that means is that the update will install like any other cumulative update released for Windows 10, and not like a major update release that require more time and processing.

Windows 10 devices running the last two feature update versions, 2004 and 20H2, will benefit from this the most. Earlier versions of Windows 10 on the other hand still require an extended updating process because of the changes implemented in Windows 10 version 2004 and beyond.

Microsoft pushed the update to the Beta channel of the Windows Insiders program today for further testing, but only for seekers, i.e. administrators that click on the check for updates button under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

As far as changes are concerned, Windows 10 version 21H1 will be a smaller update as we suggested already back in November 2020. It appears that Microsoft is indeed switching the two feature update releases of the year by moving the smaller one to the first half of the year and the larger update to the second half.

Cable highlights a few areas with improvements and notes that the release is optimize to support the "most pressing needs" of Microsoft's customers.

New features include multicamera support for Windows Hello and security related performance improvements.

• Windows Hello multicamera support to set the default as the external camera when both external and internal Windows Hello cameras are present.
    • Windows Defender Application Guard performance improvements including optimizing document opening scenario times.
    • Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) updating performance improvement to support remote work scenarios.

The new feature update for Windows 10 will be released to the Release Preview ring, another Insider channel, before general availability to stable versions of the operating system.

Microsoft has yet to reveal the release date for the upcoming feature update for Windows 10.

Now You: are you looking forward to the feature update release?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft provides details on Windows 10 version 21H1 release (WHCP)

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...p/ba-p/2138458

Brink, Feb 18, 2021
  3. micropage7, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Operating System

I like how they put the "Previous versions" tab in there as a "new feature" when this has been part of Windows since Windows 7. The difference is that you need to configure system restore to make versions of your docs. Just saying. *Smile Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially :)

Aquinus, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially - Similar Threads - Microsoft announces version

2. Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, version 21H1: I updated with 21H1 on thursday and my personal email no longer works properly, it can send but not receive and this on my PC...though my laptop worked ok as prior to doing the update and now that is also affected after I updated today. My email works ok with my iPhone so the...
  3. Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, version 21H1: I updated with 21H1 on thursday and my personal email no longer works properly, it can send but not receive and this on my PC...though my laptop worked ok as prior to doing the update and now that is also affected after I updated today. My email works ok with my iPhone so the...
  4. Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft makes it official: Windows 10 version 21H2 announced

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes it official: Windows 10 version 21H2 announced: Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 21H2, a feature update for the company's Windows 10 operating system, later this year. The company unveiled Windows 11 earlier this year as the next version of Windows. Customers who run Windows 10 may upgrade to the new version...
  6. Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 21H1: I am currently on Windows 10 v20H2 Build No. 19042.985.I want to know the download size of new feature update Windows 10 v21H1? Will it be large between 4-5 GB or medium less than 500 MB sized file?...
  7. Microsoft announces Windows 10 May 2021 Update (version 21H1)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 May 2021 Update (version 21H1): The Windows 10 May 2021 Update has been finalized and Build 19043.928 is likely to be the release candidate. Unsurprisingly, May 2021 Update will begin rolling out to millions of users around the world in May, and it will ship with a few minor improvements, mostly for...
  8. Microsoft announces official release of Babylon.js 4.1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces official release of Babylon.js 4.1: Our mission is to create one of the most powerful, beautiful, and simple Web rendering engines in the world. Our passion is to make it completely open and free for everyone. Today, we are thrilled to announce the official release of Babylon.js 4.1! Before diving into more...
  9. Windows 10 S officially announced

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 S officially announced: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] At its #MicorsoftEDU event in New York City today, Microsoft has officially announced a new version of Windows 10. The new version of Windows is called Windows 10 S, which was previously known as Windows 10 Cloud. Windows 10...
  10. Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows: With Windows 10, Microsoft’s going to change pretty much everything about its Windows model, so in addition to offering the operating free of charge to previous Windows users and switching to a continuous update process rather than a monthly cycle, the company is also...