Windows 10: Microsoft announces Windows 11 LTSC

Discus and support Microsoft announces Windows 11 LTSC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft made two important announcements today regarding the future of its Windows operating system. In the first, Microsoft revealed that it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 28, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft announces Windows 11 LTSC

Microsoft made two important announcements today regarding the future of its Windows operating system. In the first, Microsoft revealed that it would not release any feature updates for its Windows 10 operating system anymore.

The last feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 22H2, was released at the end of 2022. Going forward, Microsoft will only release security updates for the Windows 10 operating system. In other words, Windows 10 won't receive any new features anymore.

Windows 10 Home and Pro editions continue to be supported until October 2025, the month support ends officially. Microsoft made no mention of the possibility to extend the lifetime of Windows 10 through ESU, Extended Security Updates.

The company introduced the program for Windows 7, so that Enterprise and business customers could extend the lifetime of the operating system by up to three years.

Windows 11 LTSC

Microsoft announces Windows 11 LTSC windows-11.jpg

Microsoft confirmed in the second announcement that it is going to launch Windows 11 LTSC, Long Term Servicing Channel, editions in 2024.

When Microsoft launched Windows 11 at the end of 2022, it did not launch LTSC editions. While there were Enterprise, Education and IoT editions, none of these were LTSC editions.

Customers who relied on LTSC editions of Windows had to use Windows 10 LTSC editions, which Microsoft released regularly over the years.

Microsoft announced that the following two Windows 11 LTSC editions will be released in 2024:

• Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC
    • Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC

Both Windows 11 editions will be released in the second half of 2024. Microsoft has not revealed additional information about the two LTSC editions. The company did reduce the lifecycle to 5 years for the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC releases of 2021.

The Windows 11 LTSC releases of 2024 will therefore likely be supported until 2029. Whether Windows 11 will have reached its end of life by that time remains to be seen, as rumors hint at a Windows 12 release in 2024.

Microsoft recommends that Enterprise customers start their testing on regular non-LTSC Windows 11 releases in preparation of the 2024 release of the LTSC version.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft announces Windows 11 LTSC appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 28, 2023
  2. Bree Win User

Question regarding 20H1 LTSC?

It's longer for LTSC.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lif...rise-ltsc-2021

3. erpster4 Win User
    How to force some sites on "unsupported" Internet Explorer 11

the IE11 June 2022 retirement date only affects certain recent Win10 versions with some exceptions

from this link mentioned by Brink in 1st post:

so it does not bother nor affect me as I run the Win10 LTSC 2019 & 2021 versions on nearly all of my PCs and I can continue to use IE even beyond the June 2022 date

erpster4, Apr 28, 2023
  4. RonBarker Win User

Autopilot/LTSC

Hi Mat, I have no idea what LTSC means? Anyhow, have a look at this article: Overview of Windows Autopilot | Microsoft Docs

PS: Windows Autopilot documentation | Microsoft Docs

PPS: I now know what LTSC means. 'Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC)'

Enrolling Windows Modern Devices using Autopilot and Azure Join (soti.net) "The following Microsoft Windows 10 editions are supported for Windows Autopilot:

• Windows 10 Pro
    • Windows 10 Pro Education
    • Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    • Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Education
    • Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC"

RonBarker, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft announces Windows 11 LTSC - Similar Threads - Microsoft announces LTSC

2. Windows LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows LTSC: As far as I know, windows 11 ltsc will be released in the second half of 2024, so is there a LTSC release every 3 years? Thanks Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ltsc/5e690e2c-02cb-408f-a336-16125d64072d
  3. Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?: Hi. will there be a new announcement coming soon that will enable at least those 6th and 7th gen processors to upgrade to windows 11 automatically? I'm using an i7 7700HQ intel processor and that is the only missing in windows 11 compatibility. The rest of the requirement is...
  4. Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?: Hi. will there be a new announcement coming soon that will enable at least those 6th and 7th gen processors to upgrade to windows 11 automatically? I'm using an i7 7700HQ intel processor and that is the only missing in windows 11 compatibility. The rest of the requirement is...
  5. Microsoft formally announces Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft formally announces Windows 11: The next generation of Windows, which has been referred to by Microsoft watchers as ‘Windows Sun Valley’, is now official. Today, Microsoft revealed that its next major OS will get the name we all expected – Windows 11. During the event, Microsoft executives revealed what...
  6. Announcing Windows Server LTSC Insider Preview Build 20308 - March 10

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Server LTSC Insider Preview Build 20308 - March 10: Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are pleased to release a new build of the Windows Server Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) Preview that contains both the Desktop Experience and Server Core installation options for Datacenter and Standard editions. What's New To see what...
  7. Announcing Windows Server 2022 LTSC Preview Build 20292 - Feb. 10

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Server 2022 LTSC Preview Build 20292 - Feb. 10: Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are pleased to release a new build of the Windows Server Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) Preview that contains both the Desktop Experience and Server Core installation options for Datacenter and Standard editions. Available Content...
  8. windows 11 announcement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 11 announcement: Hello Windows 7 was already ended to announce Windows 11 date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-announcement/b7f6d6f0-251c-4e9e-8a17-03bde85bfa5c
  9. Announcing Microsoft Search

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Search: This week at Ignite 2018, we announced Microsoft Search. We’re delighted to announce that we are expanding that vision to encompass search both inside and outside of Microsoft 365. By applying artificial intelligence (AI) technology from Bing to the deep personalized insights...
  10. Announcing Windows Server vNext LTSC Build 17623 - Mar. 20

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Server vNext LTSC Build 17623 - Mar. 20: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are pleased to release the first build of the Windows Server vNext Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release that contains both the Desktop Experience as well as Server Core in all 18...