Windows 10: Microsoft Antimalware

Discus and support Microsoft Antimalware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like to get help to analysis , what's the impact of below error. OS: Windows Server 2012 R2. Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Snow Wang (Snow_Wang), Sep 16, 2018.

1. Microsoft Antimalware

I would like to get help to analysis , what's the impact of below error.

Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.
    Feature: On Access
    Error Code: 0x80004005
    Error description: Unspecified error
    Reason: The filter driver skipped scanning items and is in pass through mode. This may be due to low resource conditions.

:)

Snow Wang (Snow_Wang), Sep 16, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Antimalware service excutable consuming ram and cpu

Hello,

We would like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Antimalware Service Executable is the name of the process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) used by the Windows Defender program. The service associated with this program is the Windows Defender Service. For possible troubleshooting steps, you can check GreginMich's
    post through this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Microsoft Antimalware

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Antimalware

1. Microsoft Antimalware - Similar Threads - Microsoft Antimalware

2. Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...: Have been trying for weeks to get this update. Keeps failing. Have tried all recommended so-called fixes found here and elsewhere. Error 0x80070643Windows 10 on an HP ENVY with Intel Core i7 that is not qualified to upgrade to Windows 11...
  3. Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...: Have been trying for weeks to get this update. Keeps failing. Have tried all recommended so-called fixes found here and elsewhere. Error 0x80070643Windows 10 on an HP ENVY with Intel Core i7 that is not qualified to upgrade to Windows 11...
  4. Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WdoWppTracing-[date]-[time]-ffffffff.bin files in microsoft antimalware support folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WdoWppTracing-[date]-[time]-ffffffff.bin files in microsoft antimalware support folder.: I'm a windows 11 user. In the Microsoft Antimalware>Support folder, I saw few files called 'WdoWppTracing-[date]-[time]-00000003-ffffffff.bin' files which were made at the times I have runned Windows Defender Offline scan. When I searched for it in bing, it said that those...
  6. WdoWppTracing-[date]-[time]-ffffffff.bin files in microsoft antimalware support folder.

WdoWppTracing-[date]-[time]-ffffffff.bin files in microsoft antimalware support folder.: I'm a windows 11 user. In the Microsoft Antimalware>Support folder, I saw few files called 'WdoWppTracing-[date]-[time]-00000003-ffffffff.bin' files which were made at the times I have runned Windows Defender Offline scan. When I searched for it in bing, it said that those...
  7. Microsoft Edge & Antimalware Service Executable Using Lots of Memory

Microsoft Edge & Antimalware Service Executable Using Lots of Memory: Hello I am constantly having my Microsoft edge use 30% or more of memory and antimalware service executable use 20%+. I literally have 50%+ of memory being used by these 2 services / processes. How can I stop this? Also, I already added exclusions and a scheduled scan to...
  8. Microsoft Edge & Antimalware Service Executable Using Lots of Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge & Antimalware Service Executable Using Lots of Memory: Hello I am constantly having my Microsoft edge use 30% or more of memory and antimalware service executable use 20%+. I literally have 50%+ of memory being used by these 2 services / processes. How can I stop this? Also, I already added exclusions and a scheduled scan to...
  9. microsoft defender antivirus antimalware platform keep appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft defender antivirus antimalware platform keep appearing multiple times: i want to ask everytime i use my laptop and click update this antivirus antimalware platform keep appearingeverytime im done with updating the antivirus antimalware and click update again it keeps appearing and now there are 2 and 3 appearing and 4 and so on...
  10. microsoft defender antivirus antimalware platform keep appearing multiple times

microsoft defender antivirus antimalware platform keep appearing multiple times: i want to ask everytime i use my laptop and click update this antivirus antimalware platform keep appearingeverytime im done with updating the antivirus antimalware and click update again it keeps appearing and now there are 2 and 3 appearing and 4 and so on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft antimalware real time protection feature has encountered an error and failed

2. Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.