Windows 10: Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager

Discus and support Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to open up any Microsoft app it closes immediately and on task manager it says the UWP is suspending this process does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shaaz Ali, May 29, 2020.

1. Shaaz Ali Win User

Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager

Every time I try to open up any Microsoft app it closes immediately and on task manager it says the UWP is suspending this process does anyone know how to fix this. I have tried full on hard resetting my computer but nothing has worked.

:)

Shaaz Ali, May 29, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Task manager shows green leaf UWP is suspending processes to improve performance

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To open Task Manager directly, you can use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    When you press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key, you will see Task Manager as an option.

The Green leaf shown beside any process is normal. The green leaf lets you know that the process is ready to use but is in suspended state. This allows the computer to consume less RAM without affecting the performance of the processes. In other words,
    Windows puts the applications in Ready state or blocks them from being executed by the processor.

For more information on UWP app, you can refer the article
    What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app?

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 29, 2020
  3. UWP App Suspension in Task Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You might see the green leaf with suspended state beside the Minecraft app/program. However, the Green leaf shown beside any process is normal. The green leaf lets you know that the process is ready to use but is in suspended state.

This allows the computer to consume less RAM without affecting the performance of the processes. In other words, Windows puts the applications/processes in Ready state or blocks them from being executed by the processor until requested
    by user.

In this scenario we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check.

1. Press Windows + I key to Launch
      Windows Settings

2. Click Apps and select Apps & features from the left pane
    3. Scroll and select Minecraft and select Uninstall.
    4. Restart the PC and then reinstall from Microsoft Store.

Please refer this article for additional information:
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 29, 2020
  4. DeLaguna Win User

Suspended apps on task manager

Good day,

I am Florentino Windows 10 Expert, user, and Independent advisor. I have built/troubleshot/tutored on Custom Windows Computers for over a decade, and I am happy to help you.

Modern UWP (metro) apps are suspended by a svchost process that controls UWP app power states. Also, you can manually do this in the Resource Monitor yourself for any process thought you may not get the desired outcome if the program isn't programmed for that
    functionality. Generally, this is done to save system resources, like energy and CPU usage. The UWP apps are coded to allow this, that's why you don't see traditional Win32 programs going into a suspended state.

you should be able to unsuspend in the resource monitor.

Press the Windows key and type "Resource Monitor"

Select it out of the results.

Then click on overview. look for the process you want to unsuspend

right-click.

Choose Resume. If the process is able to resume it will. If it needs to be in a suspended state or is unresponsive it will stay suspended.

If you continue to have this problem and the program isn't acting right I suggest you contact the program developer using their help or tech support.

I hope this is helpful. Have a great day! Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager :)

Sincerely,

Florentino

DeLaguna, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager - Similar Threads - Microsoft App UWP

2. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  3. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  4. Task manager suspending apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager suspending apps: Hey,I use a windows 11 and I've noticed that it suspends my minimized apps automatically. I then came to know that it is normal and it is done to save resources. But I have an app that i want to keep alive. How do i stop suspending apps in windows 11 ? I found many tutorials...
  5. Task manager suspending apps

Task manager suspending apps: Hey,I use a windows 11 and I've noticed that it suspends my minimized apps automatically. I then came to know that it is normal and it is done to save resources. But I have an app that i want to keep alive. How do i stop suspending apps in windows 11 ? I found many tutorials...
  6. UWP suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP suspending processes: Task Manager : Green Leaf Icon : "This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance".This is the current problem. I require some tools to run for longer times or easiest of all a windows search over say 10,000+ files. After a few minutes UWP...
  7. Suspended apps on task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suspended apps on task manager: Hi I was wondering if there is a way I could unsuspend apps or stop them from being suspended in task manager When I try and open a game I have in file explorer it starts processing it for a bit and then suspends it and closes it but its only using less than 4% of the cpu...
  8. Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager

in Cortana
    Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager: Hi, I am having problem while using cortana, whenever I click the icon it starts and when I ask it to do something it always freezes and then closes. When I saw in task manager it shows a green leaf icon and says process is suspended. Please help. I am not able to use...
  9. Apps. Suspended in Task Manager

Apps. Suspended in Task Manager: I had an issue where an app (Deezer) on Windows 10 recently stopped working, and the process in Task Manager showed "Suspended". App would just freeze after login. I could not get it to un-suspend. Simple solution, ran app as Administrator and it was changed to running...
  10. Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager: Whats going on do I have a virus on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backround-processes-being-suspended-in-task/6e607239-7565-44c0-919f-0fea06dcdf05"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this uwp process is suspended to improve system performance d2r

2. uwp suspension removal and settings is also not working