Windows 10: Microsoft app sound issue possible codec?

Discus and support Microsoft app sound issue possible codec? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here goes.... So upgraded the main pc with no issues to Win10 home, well so I thought. Using a Asus xonar dx card on a 5.1 system and latest drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skoshi, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Skoshi Win User

Microsoft app sound issue possible codec?

Here goes....

So upgraded the main pc with no issues to Win10 home, well so I thought. Using a Asus xonar dx card on a 5.1 system and latest drivers ( 8.1.8.1823 )all seems well, until you play music using "Groove" or "Media Player" and here is where the fun starts.

IF I do a speaker test all is good, all 5 channels and sub are located correctly and all test tones are peachy! Play a tune through Groove or Media Player and all you get is music from 1 speaker (in this case the left channel), play the same tune though VLC and yo get wonderful glorious 5.1 sound!
    (m4a is the format of the tune btw)

Go back into speaker test and once again all seem good, all tones correct and speakers identified correctly. I have deleted the card/drivers/generic drivers and clean installed Win10 but still the same issue.

If I try gaming it does the same thing, all focus on the left side speakers with nothing from the others, movies through vlc seem fine but through Media Player same sound issue.

any thoughs anyone?

many thanks...

Skosh...

:)

Skoshi, Oct 4, 2015
  2. VismayaD Win User

Sound in Windows10 update

I had no issues with the sound when I used Windows10 till an update was done to Windows10 recently.

After a few updates to Windows 10, I m not able to have sound in my headphones.

I request Microsoft to solve the issue as soon as possible.

VismayaD, Oct 4, 2015
  3. pbuotte Win User
    Nokia 1020 camera issues

Sounds like Microsoft has an issue they are not addressing. My 1020 camera is gone as well. If there is no solution soon, I will go back to Apple or possibly look at Samsung.

pbuotte, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft app sound issue possible codec?

1. Microsoft app sound issue possible codec? - Similar Threads - Microsoft app sound

2. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound issue and possible ? virus: Recently, and I mean over the last week or so, I noticed that my sound was extremely quiet even when it was at 100. I updated the drivers, did everything I could, but installing an equaliser helped out massively, so I considered the situation done. However, today, one day...
  3. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issue and possible ? virus: Recently, and I mean over the last week or so, I noticed that my sound was extremely quiet even when it was at 100. I updated the drivers, did everything I could, but installing an equaliser helped out massively, so I considered the situation done. However, today, one day...
  4. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HEVC Codec issue

HEVC Codec issue: I have purchased a HEVC codec from the store. I cannot find it anywhere in the store to download, if I go through to get it a different way where it says install it won't download and install, it's doing my head in....
  6. USB Audio Codec Popping Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Audio Codec Popping Sound Issue: I've noticed that when a sound starts and ends, a crack/pop type sound can be heard. It seems that the USB Audio Codec driver goes to sleep (power save?) after 20 seconds of not hearing any audio. I've tried: Changing Sample Rate. Uninstalling both the USB Audio Codec and...
  7. USB Audio Codec and Chrome no sound

USB Audio Codec and Chrome no sound: Hi I can hearsound via USB Audio Codec using VLC but not using Chrome i.e. Youtube. When I unplug the USB port whilst Youtube is playing, sound does play via PC speakers. Putting back the USB port, the sound disappears. I use the USB Adio codec to play sound via a mixer to...
  8. Issues with Realtek HW Audio Codec - No sound.

Issues with Realtek HW Audio Codec - No sound.: This afternoon I booted up my laptop, started up a game, then connected the laptop to a second monitor, upon which it switched the sound output to the second monitor rather than keep the output as the laptop speakers. The sound doesn't work on the second monitor, so I tried...
  9. Windows 10 (v1903) sound issue with Realtek ALC889A codec

Windows 10 (v1903) sound issue with Realtek ALC889A codec: Hi My recently upgraded Windows 10 (v1903) seems to have some compatibility issues with the old Realtek ALC889A codec. Neither the latest Realtek drivers (6.0.87xx.x) nor Microsoft default generic one resolve the popping and crackling sounds, which didn't occur before on my...
  10. sound mapping codecs in Windows 10

sound mapping codecs in Windows 10: what sound mapper works best with Blue Icicle USB micrrophone preamp and Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sound-mapping-codecs-in-windows-10/111bafa6-bef5-4120-a6b5-969b53290ca9