Windows 10: Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

Discus and support Microsoft applications not connecting to internet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All the Microsoft applications settings, Xbox app, Microsoft store, ect. say there is no internet connection and can not access the internet. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianBurke8, May 29, 2023.

1. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

All the Microsoft applications settings, Xbox app, Microsoft store, ect. say there is no internet connection and can not access the internet. I can access the internet through the web browser as well as other applications that are not related to Microsoft. I have tried to update my PC but it also does not let me because it doesn't think I'm connected to the internet. Any time I try to open the Network and Internet settings the settings app will freeze and the close down. My PC is connected through an Ethernet cable and there is no issues with the connection there.

:)

BrianBurke8, May 29, 2023
  2. ps957 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, May 29, 2023
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Pavan_N Win User

Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue. Also install all pending Windows updates Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Step 1: Reset Internet Explorer.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Reset Microsoft Edge.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Do let us know if you are able to get stable internet connection. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

1. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet - Similar Threads - Microsoft applications connecting

2. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft applications not connecting to internet: All the Microsoft applications settings, Xbox app, Microsoft store, ect. say there is no internet connection and can not access the internet. I can access the internet through the web browser as well as other applications that are not related to Microsoft. I have tried to...
  3. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft applications not connecting to internet: All the Microsoft applications settings, Xbox app, Microsoft store, ect. say there is no internet connection and can not access the internet. I can access the internet through the web browser as well as other applications that are not related to Microsoft. I have tried to...
  4. Applications but not browser lose Internet connection

Applications but not browser lose Internet connection: Hi,Now and then, the applications on my Windows 10 Pro PC lose connection to the Internet. But this doesn't affect my browser. It will continue to work fine. The first I'll know about the problem is usually when I open either Outlook or Spotify. Outlook will tell me it can't...
  5. Applications but not browser lose Internet connection

Applications but not browser lose Internet connection: Hi,Now and then, the applications on my Windows 10 Pro PC lose connection to the Internet. But this doesn't affect my browser. It will continue to work fine. The first I'll know about the problem is usually when I open either Outlook or Spotify. Outlook will tell me it can't...
  6. Unstable Internet in Microsoft Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unstable Internet in Microsoft Applications: Hello In general, I bought and decided to install Forza 5 and an error appeared that I could not solve and I preferred reinstalling windows the easiest way was, but now I have another problem. All Windows and Microsoft applications do not use the Internet. That is, Store,...
  7. Unstable Internet in Microsoft Applications

Unstable Internet in Microsoft Applications: Hello In general, I bought and decided to install Forza 5 and an error appeared that I could not solve and I preferred reinstalling windows the easiest way was, but now I have another problem. All Windows and Microsoft applications do not use the Internet. That is, Store,...
  8. Unstable Internet in Microsoft Applications

9. Some applications won't connect to Internet.

Some applications won't connect to Internet.: So, Currently, I am having this problem that some applications *not downloaded from MS Store* won't connect to internet to perform their specific tasks. I have tried configuring Windows Firewall but nothing happens. The Applications that I am currently having this problem are...
  10. Microsoft Applications HAVING Internet Connection Issue

Microsoft Applications HAVING Internet Connection Issue: This that AREN'T working: - Edge ("can't reach this page") - Windows Update (error: 0x80070433) (I am running windows 10) - Registering Installed Copy of Office 365 ("we are unable to connect right now. please check your network and try again later") Things that ARE...