Windows 10: Microsoft Applications Not Working

Discus and support Microsoft Applications Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello and thanks in advance for taking the time to look at this. For the past few months none of my Microsoft applications have worked. They are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeremiahRT, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Microsoft Applications Not Working

Hello and thanks in advance for taking the time to look at this.

For the past few months none of my Microsoft applications have worked. They are grayed out and will not launch, including the Windows Store. I have tried repairing them under "add and remove programs", running commands such as SFXScannow (if I remember correctly) and many, many other Run and Command lines from articles online with similar issues. I also used the MediaCreationTool, on a separate computer, to create a USB to run a Repair. I was hoping to keep my saved games, screenshots, and so on. Most recently I launched "add and remove programs" and noticed that all of my Microsoft applications have an @ in front of them. I have attached a couple of screenshots.

I have been using my gaming PC less over the last year so I am unsure which Windows Update I think caused my issue and I have probably made the issue worse by trying to fix it myself and google.

Thanks again for any help.

Microsoft Applications Not Working [​IMG]

Microsoft Applications Not Working [​IMG]

:)

JeremiahRT, Oct 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Microsoft Applications Not Working

Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (CMicrosoft Applications Not Working :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Applications Not Working

1. Microsoft Applications Not Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Applications Working

2. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  3. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  4. Microsoft application does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft application does not work: Run wsreset.exe, throwing the error. The problems are: The Microsoft Store does not start at all. To report that when testing the comment hub that one doesn't start at all either. Trying to open Photos throwing an error Can someone help me on this?...
  5. Microsoft application does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft application does not work: Run wsreset.exe, throwing the error. The problems are: The Microsoft Store does not start at all. To report that when testing the comment hub that one doesn't start at all either. Trying to open Photos throwing an error Can someone help me on this?...
  6. Microsoft application does not work

7. Microsoft applications won't work

Microsoft applications won't work: Hello, I faced this issue when I tried to download an app from the Microsoft store. The Install button didn't work so I reset the windows store then windows store completely deleted. I have checked this site and did this: Uninstall the Store: Press Windows key + X Click and...
  8. Microsoft applications not working after changing language

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft applications not working after changing language: Hi, I use two keyboard layouts on my pc. Czech and english. I choose the czech as default and add english later. When I'm just texting or something I'm using the czech keyboard layout but when I'm working I alt+shift to english layout. So when I wanted to switch I noticed...
  9. The application Microsoft Streets & Trips is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application Microsoft Streets & Trips is not working: The application Microsoft Streets & Trips stopped working on my computer. I am not able to load this app and received a message that the registry was not copied correctly. I don’t understand the meaning. It is an app version of 2010...
  10. Microsoft Applications Not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Applications Not Working on Windows 10: Hello, i face the issue of some microsoft applications as they are not opened only blank white or black screen is shown. The button icons are not shown but when click on that position they are just there. Microsoft applications which this problem i am facing are...