Windows 10: Microsoft apps are not saving my logins anymore

Discus and support Microsoft apps are not saving my logins anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 a few weeks ago, all my default folders links including Documents, Desktop and Download were changed to a default user folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Batiri, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Batiri Win User

Microsoft apps are not saving my logins anymore

After updating Windows 10 a few weeks ago, all my default folders links including Documents, Desktop and Download were changed to a default user folder which Windows could not access I do not know why or how. Anyway after searching the internet I fixed that by resetting their links back to the right folders. Properties => Location => Restore Default

Problem is, after that event non of Microsoft apps including Skype, One Drive and Visual Studio keep me logged in. I have to login to each one of them after every shutdown.

My guess is that the folder where Windows keeps information related to logins has a wrong link as well, but I do not know where that is or how to reset that too.

How can I fix this?

Windows Version: 1909 Build 18.363.720

:)

Batiri, Apr 4, 2020

2. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft apps are not saving my logins anymore

Microsoft Wordpad Missing Docx Save Type

Hi Mark,

Updated WordPad versions cannot save files in .doc or .docx format anymore, unlike the previous versions. For us to convert the .txt file to .docx format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click on the .txt file. Select Open with, and then click on
      Choose another app.
    • How do you want to open this file? window will pop up. If you can't see the
      Word app from the list of options, click on More apps, and the select
      Word.
    • The document will now open in Word app. Click on File tab.
    • On the left pane, select Save As.
    • On the right pane, select Word Document (*.docx) from the drop down box.
    • Click on Save button.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft apps are not saving my logins anymore

1. Microsoft apps are not saving my logins anymore - Similar Threads - Microsoft apps are

2. I can’t login on my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t login on my pc anymore: Since a week i suddenly can not login to my pc anymore with my password that i’ve been using for the last couple years. the problem is, my email/account is a very old email of mine that i don’t use anymore only to log in on my pc and the security verification is also done via...
  3. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  4. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  5. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

6. Cannot login on Microsoft Apps on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login on Microsoft Apps on my PC.: I Apologize for my bad English Aknowledge. i have a new computer on my workplace for a few weeks, which should also be used for gaming with colleagues after work. Unfortunately, I have a problem with the registration: in Xbox apps, games with Xbox registration as well as in...
  7. App doesn't save the password anymore.

App doesn't save the password anymore.: Most of all this app see screenshot, but also a several other desktop apps, aren't saving passwords anymore!Last week I was trying a couple of different webbrowsers, to see which felt gave me best privacy and security. After installing the TOR-browser, I think, the passwords...
  8. No Daylight Savings Notice Anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Daylight Savings Notice Anymore?: I never got any message on my clock leading up to or after the switch this go-around. Not everyone has a smart-everything that automatically adjusts, the notice was always much appreciated - why did it go away, or was that just my own OS install being whacky? Did you get a...
  9. Can't save an image anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't save an image anymore?: Hey, guys, I have had the problem for a long time that I cannot save images or other files with right click ---> save image/file as from the internet... The Explorer window is there for a moment, disappears immediately and brings any window into the foreground (see video...
  10. I cannot login with my PIN anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login with my PIN anymore: I cannot log in with my pin anymore for some reason.. When I try to create new one it recognizes my previous pin, but it doesn't create a new PIN for some reason. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I went through the administrative template and enable pin login and it still doesn't work. I...