Windows 10: Microsoft apps are not working on VPN, (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 2016).

Discus and support Microsoft apps are not working on VPN, (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 2016). in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue which was articulated extremely well in a previous thread (see link below), and this is EXACTLY how i witness the problem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jad_Man, May 20, 2019.

1. Jad_Man Win User

Microsoft apps are not working on VPN, (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 2016).

Hi,

I have an issue which was articulated extremely well in a previous thread (see link below), and this is EXACTLY how i witness the problem and again I reiterate this appears to be an issue ONLY with Microsoft software, all other software works fine on VPN.

Read this thread first before reading furrther into details of my issue!
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-software-not-work-with-vpn/6bc268dc-076e-454b-b8c1-806e29b91bfa

This issue (with the same fix - turning off VPN altogether) has happened on the following for me.

1. Microsoft Store - said wasn't connected to internet (resolved now- see note below which is interesting)
    2. Skype - appears connected but won't receive and send messages
    3. Microsoft Office 2016 - sending emails they get caught in outbox, Outlook shows connection issue when internet works flawlessly otherwise

Note regarding Microsoft Store Issue. This Windows 10 build is a fresh one (last month) which I did because of M.2 hard drive upgrade. Setting up Microsoft Store was a challenge for days. The store actually appears completely fine with ALL products displaying perfecting in all categories, so obviously connecting to internet OK to do all that, yet if i tried to download and install they would be blocked, with a couple of error messages resulting in final message saying "Looks like you are not connect to internet...". I turned off firewall and VPN, but problem still persisted, dozens of attempts and reboots. I reinstalled Micro soft store numerous times too. However I have resolved the issue entirely now but how I did that is curious >>> for the downloads to work I set the VPN to not switch on after rebooting, then i tried DL apps and they worked. The odd thing is they work now with the VPN going, so it works properly and completely but only after ensuring VPN did not start up on reboot.

So this person in this thread articulates the EXACT issue i am here, obviously this is an issue even if not widespread and it is clearly an issue of Microsoft software not the VPN.

I tried to see if I could tag or contact this user as the thread is closed but those do not seem available to do.

Any suggestions here, be good if someone who had the problem could share the fix.....

***Modified Title form: Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN? (thread No.2)***

:)

Jad_Man, May 20, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, May 20, 2019
  3. //mAr Win User
    Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, May 20, 2019
  4. Polarman Win User

Microsoft apps are not working on VPN, (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 2016).

Microsoft Office 2007 SP2

Service Pack 2 provides the latest updates to the 2007 Microsoft Office suite.

Service Pack 2 will update the following:
    Microsoft® Office Basic 2007
    Microsoft® Office Enterprise 2007
    Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007
    Microsoft® Office Professional 2007
    Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007
    Microsoft® Office Small Business Management 2007
    Microsoft® Office Standard 2007
    Microsoft® Office Ultimate 2007
    Microsoft® Office Access® 2007
    Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007
    Microsoft® Office InfoPath® 2007
    Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007
    Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007
    Microsoft® Office Publisher® 2007
    Microsoft® Office Word 2007
    Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5&displaylang=en#Overview

Personnaly, I use Open Office 3. But alot of folks use M$ Office 2007.

Polarman, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft apps are not working on VPN, (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 2016). - Similar Threads - Microsoft apps are

2. Microsoft store and other microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store and other microsoft apps not working: If I try to open the Microsoft store, a notifiction pops up that says "Microsoft store just got installed; take a look". Clicking "launch" just makes it reinstall Microsoft store again. Photos, Media Player, Paint, Whatsapp Beta, Feedback Hub and Get Help don't work - if I...
  3. Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016: Hi, I have a laptop and I'm planning to replace my old ssd with a new one and I will reinstall windows 10. Do i need to uninstall my Microsoft Office 2016 before reinstalling windows 10? NOTE: I'm using one-off payment Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 Thank you in...
  4. Free License for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free License for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Store Apps: please activate all microsoft offices & stores at free. [Original Title: microsoft windows 10 activation] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-license-for-microsoft-office-and-microsoft/6ed87373-5ab4-4956-81df-59bfd5d3666d
  5. Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?: Got a problem. My grandfather wanted to install Office 16. Since he doesn't have a Microsoft account, he chose telephone activation. He couldn't handle the automated voice. As a result, he got a service representative. He deciphered the code to get the other numbers. But...
  6. Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts: How can one avoid a child account from accessing the Microsoft store online and downloading vpn/browser apps directly on the computer? It seems that even if I block the Microsoft store via the desktop, these apps can still be downloaded by going on microsoft.com;...
  7. Skype/ Microsoft Store not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype/ Microsoft Store not working: Hello, Since the windows 10 update all of my drivers and my apps have been deleted. I tried downloading Skype to my cpu once it downloaded, I tried opening the app and I keep getting an error " unable to connect please check your internet connection...." I tried to...
  8. The OFFICE app from the Microsoft Store is not working at all

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The OFFICE app from the Microsoft Store is not working at all: It's always stuck on this when I open it [ATTACH] OS: Windows 10 version 1709 Build 16299.1059 Moved from: Office / More Office apps / Windows 10 / Unknown/other...
  9. Loading Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Loading Microsoft Office 2016: just got a new pc. loading Microsoft Office 2016. it loads, but when i go to open an application i get an error message of Oxc004f200. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-microsoft-office-2016/b5bc5391-841a-421e-8fef-b665edb4c86d"
  10. Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office 2016: I purchased Office 2016 and had it installed on my Windows 10 platform. Now, Office 2016 is no longer installed. Why the heavy handed update removal of Office? Why do I have to repeatedly reinstall this software? Why do I have to repeatedly prove I purchased this...