Windows 10: Microsoft apps/games not installing

Discus and support Microsoft apps/games not installing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with apps/games from the Microsoft Store not downloading. First of all, I looked my problem up, which was initially that my games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 6_iNeedy, Oct 31, 2020.

1. 6_iNeedy Win User

Microsoft apps/games not installing

I have a problem with apps/games from the Microsoft Store not downloading.

First of all, I looked my problem up, which was initially that my games and apps were crashing.

They said to check if Windows needs an update, which it did, and I installed it.

Afterwards, I tried downloading my apps from the microsoft store. The apps showed in the apps list in Start but the loading bar was not filling at all. I tried deleting and reinstalling them and sometimes the same thing would happen and other times they either did not show up at all or took a long time to get there. Please tell me what needs to be done to fix it.

Note: My parents blocked the Microsoft store in the Microsoft family thing so I had to go through Edge to get to the Microsoft store on the web and then I selected to download my apps remotely and then selected my computer I wanted to download it on. Also, my computer is in S mode and I am not allowed to take it out. I will not be able to download any apps you recommend me to from the internet.

:)

6_iNeedy, Oct 31, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Yossu Win User

Are all these games actually installed?

I followed those instructions, and rebooted to be sure, but my Start menu still shows loads of games and things I don't want.

Looking at the control panel, I can't see any of them under the list of installed programs, but it could be that apps show up somewhere else (never used them so I don't know).

Any ideas? Thanks

Yossu, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft apps/games not installing - Similar Threads - Microsoft apps games

2. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  3. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  4. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store, can't install any apps nor games

Microsoft Store, can't install any apps nor games: Hello, so everytime I open the Microsoft Store, it works fine until I click on an app, then the store just stops working, I can only close the app. It won't let me do anything else, can't buy anything, can't install anything.I've tried resetting the app trough app settings,...
  6. Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store: Ever since my Xbox One was stolen, my account linked to that Xbox One has been unable to download & install free games/apps or even buy them from the Microsoft store. Every time I try to check out, the order will not process and it keeps reloading the page asking for my...
  7. Not able to install big apps/games from Microsoft Store

Not able to install big apps/games from Microsoft Store: Have done all this says: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007594514-Microsoft-Store-Troubleshooting When I press install, a box will appear that says in red text that storage unit C does not have enough space and a box where I can choose which storage...
  8. install apps & game Microsoft store , windows 10 app

install apps & game Microsoft store , windows 10 app: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** , +989172149531 , 5544221251 , Pasha5544 install app Microsoft store & windows10 app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-apps-game-microsoft-store-windows-10-app/02bd6437-7b8b-4706-882d-6a0ca6552a0f
  9. Install games and apps problems

Install games and apps problems: [ATTACH]I am getting this error every time I try to download app or a game. My connection is pretty good and my ping too. I tried a lot of methods to fix that problem but they didn't work! Some ideas how can I fix this error?...
  10. downloading and installing game apps

downloading and installing game apps: I tried installing a game, I get a notification saying that no devices and I have 2 devices registered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-and-installing-game-apps/98a09928-61b2-49e5-af30-160f346b7f66"