Windows 10: Microsoft Apps Greyed Out and more

Discus and support Microsoft Apps Greyed Out and more in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help with an issue I've run into with Windows. Multiple Microsoft Apps are greyed out and do not open. I cannot start Windows Defender and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonathanZimmerman, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Microsoft Apps Greyed Out and more

I need help with an issue I've run into with Windows. Multiple Microsoft Apps are greyed out and do not open. I cannot start Windows Defender and this is making it so that I cannot reinstalled any Microsoft apps through Windows Powershell received an error when I try due to Windows Defender not running. I've also noticed that my profile is no longer signed into my Microsoft Account and it will not let me sign in. I've tried the following:1. Run wsreset.exe2. Tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Apps using Windows Powershell.3. Created a new local profil

:)

JonathanZimmerman, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store apps greyed out

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better clarity on the issue:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can follow the step mentioned below to install the applications:

Method 1: Troubleshooting apps

You can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and check if that helps.

Method 2: Re-registering the apps

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the following command and hit Enter on the keyboard:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and open the applications.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft To-Do app version 1.60 now available in Mac App Store

Source: Microsoft To-Do on the Mac App Store

Brink, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Apps Greyed Out and more

Microsoft To-Do app coming to Mac App Store on June 17

Source: Microsoft To-Do on the Mac App Store

Brink, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Apps Greyed Out and more

1. Microsoft Apps Greyed Out and more - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps Greyed

2. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  3. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  4. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  5. Background Apps Greyed Out

Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  6. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  7. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  8. Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out: I have been trying to delete this app from Microsoft store. The app and feature wouldn't allow me to delete it. I tried deleting it in powershell, but I couldn't find it with this command Get-AppxPackage Select Name, PackageFullName. The app isn't display there....
  9. ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT: ALL OF MY MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT WITH A EXCALAMATION SIGN.. I UPDATED MY WINDOWS BUT NOTHING CHANGED WHAT SHOULD I DO ? PLEASE HELP MICROSOFT... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-microsoft-apps-greyed-out/15f24896-9100-4fab-ab18-7241e05d7193
  10. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?: The other night everything way fine and I checked this morning and there are many photos and videos greyed out on the Microsoft photos app. Nothing is in the recycling bin and right-clicking the thumbnails does not give me many options. They wont open either, it just...