Windows 10: Microsoft apps missing after update Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Microsoft apps missing after update Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey anyone can help me with this? I update my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 but after update i find my tile in startmenu is missing also the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ryxxie, Nov 29, 2020.

1. ryxxie Win User

Microsoft apps missing after update Windows 10 20H2

Microsoft apps missing after update Windows 10 20H2 c5441f37-21c6-4ad4-bd51-f471c0363951?upload=true.png

Hey anyone can help me with this? I update my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 but after update i find my tile in startmenu is missing also the microsoft apps store, mail, etc and when i look in app setting there's nothing Microsoft apps but just a "@Microsoft.......". Can someone help me with this?

:)

ryxxie, Nov 29, 2020

2. Microsoft Store apps missing after updating to 20H2

Hello,

I recently updated to 20H2, and after updating I noticed the icons for the MS Store app shortcuts I had were missing. So, I tried to repair the app. Icon still missing. Tried to reset the app, and still nothing. But what I noticed was after I reset the app,
    it is acting like I uninstalled it. I did not uninstall it, and the folder for the app is still present in the WindowsApps and ModifiableWindowsApps directories. And, when I try to click on the shortcut with the missing icon, the Microsoft Store will open
    and direct me to the "Gaming Services" app page, and that is already installed. I have tried running the Microsoft Store apps troubleshooter from settings, but that found nothing. If there are any more details that would be helpful to know, please let me know.

Edit: I should also note that I was already having some issues with the MS Store before updating to 20H2, and I was hoping that updating would fix at least some of the issues.

Thanks!

Jack Zimmer, Nov 29, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft apps missing after update Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Microsoft apps missing

2. Microsoft Store app missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store app missing after update: Hello,Microsoft Store app is missing after latest update. I've followed all the recent repair suggestions, and none have worked. Is there a way to reinstall a fresh copy of windows?...
  3. Microsoft apps are missing after Windows 10 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps are missing after Windows 10 21H1 update: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 21H1, but after the upgrade I find that my tile in the start menu is also missing Microsoft applications and when I look in the application settings there is no Microsoft applications at all. Can someone help me with this?...
  4. Microsoft apps are missing after Windows 10 21H1 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft apps are missing after Windows 10 21H1 update: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 21H1, but after the upgrade I find that my tile in the start menu is also missing Microsoft applications and when I look in the application settings there is no Microsoft applications at all. Can someone help me with this?...
  5. Microsoft apps are missing after Windows 10 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Most Microsoft applications including Microsoft Store missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Most Microsoft applications including Microsoft Store missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update: I have had to restore my previous version of Windows 3 times after 3 times trying to update to the latest version which I keep being urged to do by Microsoft. How is it Microsoft's own software applications are missing or fail to launch after their own Windows update? I would...
  7. Microsoft store app is missing since feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2

Microsoft store app is missing since feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2: Microsoft store app is missing uninstalled? since feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. How do I get the microsoft store app back without having to roll back the update?...
  8. Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade

Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade: After the 20H2 upgrade I lost several of the apps that come standard with windows such as Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer. Tried resetting the system. After the reset Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer still are missing. Created a new account and the apps did not...
  9. Windows Store Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update

Windows Store Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update: I am using Windows 10 Home Edition in my latest Acer Nitro 5 2020 laptop. I recently installed Windows 10 20H2 Update in my laptop. I noticed that I am unable to use my Windows Store as it is not opening at all. I read some older community post for the same issue. I tried to...
  10. Microsoft Store apps missing after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps missing after updating to 20H2: Hello, I recently updated to 20H2, and after updating I noticed the icons for the MS Store app shortcuts I had were missing. So, I tried to repair the app. Icon still missing. Tried to reset the app, and still nothing. But what I noticed was after I reset the app, it is...